Packaging begins in 4 hours ...

From
"Marc G. Fournier"
Date:
Any last minute show stoppers that needs a bit more time, let me know
before 23:00 GMT

----

Re: Packaging begins in 4 hours ...

Date:
"Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@postgresql.org> writes:
> Any last minute show stoppers that needs a bit more time, let me know
> before 23:00 GMT

AFAIK we're good to go.  I've updated all the version files and release
notes --- it's ready to tag and wrap.
        regards, tom lane

Re: Packaging begins in 4 hours ...

From
Robert Treat
Date:
On Sunday 30 January 2005 17:01, you wrote:
> "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@postgresql.org> writes:
> > Any last minute show stoppers that needs a bit more time, let me know
> > before 23:00 GMT
>
> AFAIK we're good to go.  I've updated all the version files and release
> notes --- it's ready to tag and wrap.

I thought I saw something this weekend about a new zic/timezone database being
released though having trouble finding out the details now... is this
something that should be backpatched into the 8.0.x series?  Not that this
would be a show stopper, but it should be a simple update if anyone has
gumption to do it now.

--
Robert Treat

Re: Packaging begins in 4 hours ...

Date:
Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net> writes:
> I thought I saw something this weekend about a new zic/timezone database being
> released though having trouble finding out the details now... is this
> something that should be backpatched into the 8.0.x series?

Too late for 8.0.1.  It's not like there won't be any more 8.0 releases ;-)
        regards, tom lane

Tom Lane wrote:
> Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net> writes:
> > I thought I saw something this weekend about a new zic/timezone database being
> > released though having trouble finding out the details now... is this
> > something that should be backpatched into the 8.0.x series?
>
> Too late for 8.0.1.  It's not like there won't be any more 8.0 releases ;-)

A bigger question is whether we want to modify the timezone datbase in
minor releases.  Such a change could cause application behavior changes.

Pennsylvania19073

Re: Packaging begins in 4 hours ...

Date:
> A bigger question is whether we want to modify the timezone datbase in
> minor releases.  Such a change could cause application behavior changes.

The reason the zic database changes so often is that in certain parts
of the world they throw dice before deciding what this year's DST
transition dates will be (or so it seems anyway ;-)).  We do need to
make an effort to keep it up-to-date, or it will be wrong for those
folks.
        regards, tom lane