PANIC: right sibling's left-link doesn't match

From
"Jim Buttafuoco"
Date:
Postgres on one of my big database servers just crashed with the following message

PANIC:  right sibling's left-link doesn't match

Does any one have any idea's what might cause this.

Some background.  This is a Debian Sarge system running PG 7.4.5 on i386 dual XEON system with 4G of memory.  I just
rebooted the system because a fan had failed and was replaced.

Thanks
Jim

Re: PANIC: right sibling's left-link doesn't match

Date:
"Jim Buttafuoco" <jim@contactbda.com> writes:
> Postgres on one of my big database servers just crashed with the following message
> PANIC:  right sibling's left-link doesn't match

> Does any one have any idea's what might cause this.

Corrupted btree index.  REINDEX should help, though I'm afraid the error
message isn't very helpful about identifying which index is busted.
        regards, tom lane

Re: PANIC: right sibling's left-link doesn't match

From
"Jim Buttafuoco"
Date:
It did print the query right after the PANIC message, so I do have the table name.  I just completed the reindex.

Thanks

------- End of Original Message -------