CVS is very slow

Date:
Tonight regular CVS is very slow to generate a diff.  Does anyone know
why?  Load average is only 2.0.

Pennsylvania19073

Re: CVS is very slow

From
"Marc G. Fournier"
Date:
On Mon, 3 Jan 2005, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Tonight regular CVS is very slow to generate a diff.  Does anyone know
> why?  Load average is only 2.0.

if load avg is that low, then I'd have to say there is some network lag
somewhere ... if load avg was higher, then I'd say a flood of messages to
majordomo ... one thing to note that altho there is a flood of messages to
majordomo, it doesn't mean a flood to the lists themselves, as majordomo
itself processes 'bounce messages', keeping statistics on, and
auto-unsubscribes if appropriate ... so 10 messages to the lists could
translate into 1000 messages flooding into majordomo itself if 100 of the
recipients bounce ...

----