pg_dump for values inserted in last day

From
vertigo
Date:
Hello
I need to "pg_dump" my database, but i want only to receive sql commands
which will insert row which were inserted into database today. Is there
any way to do it ?
I have large database and i want to make "incremential backups".

Thanx
Michal

Re: pg_dump for values inserted in last day

From
Christopher Browne
Date:
Oops! vertigo <ax178@wp.pl> was seen spray-painting on a wall:
> Hello
> I need to "pg_dump" my database, but i want only to receive sql
> commands which will insert row which were inserted into database
> today. Is there any way to do it ?
> I have large database and i want to make "incremential backups".

This is a feature planned for addition fairly shortly to the Slony-I
replication system; it is pretty plausible that this will be the
quickest route to it...
--
output = reverse("gro.gultn" "@" "enworbbc")
http://linuxfinances.info/info/x.html

Re: pg_dump for values inserted in last day

From
Robert Treat
Date:
On Monday 22 November 2004 14:33, vertigo wrote:
> Hello
> I need to "pg_dump" my database, but i want only to receive sql commands
> which will insert row which were inserted into database today. Is there
> any way to do it ?
> I have large database and i want to make "incremential backups".

Daily pg_dump -a -d diffed against the preceeding day should give you
something close.  Watch out for schema changes though.

--
Robert Treat