Bitmap index

From
"Pawe³ Niewiadomski"
Date:
Hello,
I saw discussion about bitmap indexes few weeks ago. I wonder if
any of you is working on it (in secret)? I will be chosing subject
of my master thesis and thougth about implementing bitmap indexes.

--
**Paweł Niewiadomski**, new()foo-baz.com, http://new.foo-baz.com/
Podręcznik Administratora Systemu Linux:  http://sag.foo-baz.com/

Re: Bitmap index

From
Neil Conway
Date:
On Mon, 2004-11-22 at 07:57 +0000, PaweX Niewiadomski wrote:
> I saw discussion about bitmap indexes few weeks ago. I wonder if
> any of you is working on it (in secret)?

For what it's worth, I don't know of anyone working on them.

> I will be chosing subject
> of my master thesis and thougth about implementing bitmap indexes.

No objection here :)

-Neil

Re: Bitmap index

From
Patrick B Kelly
Date:
On Nov 22, 2004, at 2:57 AM, Pawe³ Niewiadomski wrote:

> Hello,
> I saw discussion about bitmap indexes few weeks ago. I wonder if
> any of you is working on it (in secret)? I will be chosing subject
> of my master thesis and thougth about implementing bitmap indexes.
>
> --
> **Paweł Niewiadomski**, new()foo-baz.com, http://new.foo-baz.com/
> Podręcznik Administratora Systemu Linux:  http://sag.foo-baz.com/
> Podręcznik Programisty Systemu Linux:     http://lpg.foo-baz.com/
> Virtual Qmail (http://v-q.foo-baz.com), qmail-patches
> (http://q-p.foo-baz.com)

I have been looking into this myself but have not had the time to
attack it. If you are going to pick this up and run with it, please let
me know how I can help. This would be a great feature to have for data
warehousing.

Patrick B. Kelly