float4/float8 regression failure on Alpha Linux

From
"Jim Buttafuoco"
Date:
Hi all,

I am getting a regression failure on float8 (and float4) when running on Debian Sarge on Alpha (gcc 3.3.4).  Postgres
is a HEAD checkout from yesterday.

test=# select version();                                               version
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------PostgreSQL
8.0.0beta4on alpha-unknown-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC gcc (GCC) 3.3.4 (Debian 1:3.3.4-13)

(1 row)

--This test sould give an error
SELECT 'Infinity'::float8 + 100.0;?column?
----------       0

Is this a problem with my system, Alpha's or postgres.
Thanks
Jim

Fw: float4/float8 regression failure on Alpha Linux

From
"Jim Buttafuoco"
Date:
I am still having this problem with the latest CSV snapshot.  Is anyone else running on an Alpha.  Can any of the
hackers point me to where in the code this might be failing?

Thanks
Jim

I am getting a regression failure on float8 (and float4) when running on Debian Sarge on Alpha (gcc 3.3.4).  Postgres
is a HEAD checkout from yesterday.

test=# select version();                                               version
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------PostgreSQL
8.0.0beta4on alpha-unknown-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC gcc (GCC) 3.3.4 (Debian 1:3.3.4-13)

(1 row)

--This test sould give an error
SELECT 'Infinity'::float8 + 100.0;?column?
----------       0

Is this a problem with my system, Alpha's or postgres.
Thanks
Jim

Re: Fw: float4/float8 regression failure on Alpha Linux

From
"Jim Buttafuoco"
Date:
just to follow up.

On i386/mipsel/mips I get the following for pow(10,309)

ERROR:  result is out of range

on alpha, I get 3.09434604738258e-308

------- End of Original Message -------