minor code question: portal memory cxts

From
Neil Conway
Date:
The memory context created at src/backend/utils/mmgr/portalmem.c:183
shares the name of the memory context created at portalmem.c:279 (they
are both called "PortalHeapMemory"). Is there a reason for this?

-Neil

Re: minor code question: portal memory cxts

Date:
Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com> writes:
> The memory context created at src/backend/utils/mmgr/portalmem.c:183
> shares the name of the memory context created at portalmem.c:279 (they
> are both called "PortalHeapMemory"). Is there a reason for this?

Copy-and-paste oversight I'd say.  Probably the latter ought to be
"PortalHoldContext" or some such.
        regards, tom lane

Date:
On Tue, 2004-10-12 at 09:40, Tom Lane wrote:
> Copy-and-paste oversight I'd say.  Probably the latter ought to be
> "PortalHoldContext" or some such.

Thanks, that's what I suspected. I've applied the attached fix to HEAD.

-Neil

Attachment