cvsup

From
Andrew Dunstan
Date:
I've been trying to set up a cvsup mirror following the instructions at
http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/cvsup.html

However, it seems to be awry w.r.t. the earthdistance module. Could some
kind person please tell me what needs to be done in either the cvsup
config or the modules file or both, so that "cvs co -p pgsql" works nicely?

If done as an update to the docs that would be especially nice :-) But
if not, I'll do the docs once I get it working.

cheers

andrew

Re: cvsup

From
Andrew Dunstan
I wrote:

> I've been trying to set up a cvsup mirror following the instructions
> at http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/cvsup.html
>
> However, it seems to be awry w.r.t. the earthdistance module. Could
> some kind person please tell me what needs to be done in either the
> cvsup config or the modules file or both, so that "cvs co -p pgsql"
> works nicely?
>
> If done as an update to the docs that would be especially nice :-) But
> if not, I'll do the docs once I get it working.

Here's what I got working.

In CVSROOT/modules:

pgsql-earth     -d pgsql/contrib/earthdistance  earthdistance
pgsql-server    -d pgsql pgsql-server
pgsql                   -a      pgsql-server pgsql-earth

In postgres.cvsup:

# complete distribution, including all below
pgsql
earthdistance

Does that all make sense?

cheers

andrew

Re: cvsup

From
Joe Conway
Date:
Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> In postgres.cvsup:
>
> # complete distribution, including all below
> pgsql
> earthdistance

I've been using this in postgres.cvsup
  # complete distribution, including all below  repository

I think Marc told me to use that at one point.

Joe

Re: cvsup

From
"Marc G. Fournier"
Date:
On Sat, 25 Sep 2004, Joe Conway wrote:

> Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>> In postgres.cvsup:
>>
>> # complete distribution, including all below
>> pgsql
>> earthdistance
>>

> I've been using this in postgres.cvsup
>
>  # complete distribution, including all below
>  repository
>
> I think Marc told me to use that at one point.

Yup, that will bring down the /cvsroot to your machine, so that you can
work similar to anoncvs, but locally ...

----