FYI: Fujitsu

From
Neil Conway
Date:
I've accepted an offer from Fujitsu Australia Software Technologies to
work on PostgreSQL full-time for them for the next twelve months in
Sydney, Australia. I'll be working with Gavin Sherry and two other
full-time developers from FAST. I'm grateful to Fujitsu for giving me
the opportunity to do this, and I look forward to doing what I can to
improve PostgreSQL over the next year.

-Neil

Re: FYI: Fujitsu

From
Michael Glaesemann
Date:
On Sep 8, 2004, at 2:58 PM, Neil Conway wrote:

> I've accepted an offer from Fujitsu Australia Software Technologies to
> work on PostgreSQL full-time for them for the next twelve months in
> Sydney, Australia. I'll be working with Gavin Sherry and two other
> full-time developers from FAST. I'm grateful to Fujitsu for giving me
> the opportunity to do this, and I look forward to doing what I can to
> improve PostgreSQL over the next year.

Congratulations, Neil! Fantastic :)

Michael Glaesemann
grzm myrealbox com

Re: FYI: Fujitsu

From
Gaetano Mendola
Date:
Neil Conway wrote:

> I've accepted an offer from Fujitsu Australia Software Technologies to
> work on PostgreSQL full-time for them for the next twelve months in
> Sydney, Australia. I'll be working with Gavin Sherry and two other
> full-time developers from FAST. I'm grateful to Fujitsu for giving me
> the opportunity to do this, and I look forward to doing what I can to
> improve PostgreSQL over the next year.
>
> -Neil

Congratulation.

Regards
Gaetano Mendola

Re: FYI: Fujitsu

From
Christopher Kings-Lynne
Date:
> I've accepted an offer from Fujitsu Australia Software Technologies to
> work on PostgreSQL full-time for them for the next twelve months in
> Sydney, Australia. I'll be working with Gavin Sherry and two other
> full-time developers from FAST. I'm grateful to Fujitsu for giving me
> the opportunity to do this, and I look forward to doing what I can to
> improve PostgreSQL over the next year.

Cool!  I hope you have fun while you're over here!

Out of interest, do you have free reign to code whatever you want, or do
you have a specific set of things to do for Fujitsu?  Also, will you be
working on the open source server, or Fujitsu proprietary extensions?

Cheers,

Chris

Re: FYI: Fujitsu

From
David Garamond
Date:
Neil Conway wrote:
> I've accepted an offer from Fujitsu Australia Software Technologies to
> work on PostgreSQL full-time for them for the next twelve months in
> Sydney, Australia. I'll be working with Gavin Sherry and two other
> full-time developers from FAST. I'm grateful to Fujitsu for giving me
> the opportunity to do this, and I look forward to doing what I can to
> improve PostgreSQL over the next year.

Congratulations. It's nice to hear that Fujitsu keeps supporting
Postgres. Hopefully other companies can follow suit :-)

It seems commercial companies are more keen to support BSD-ish free
software (Apache, Postgres, Perl, Ruby, etc.)? With the exception of
Linux of course.

--
dave

Re: FYI: Fujitsu

From
David Fetter
Date:
On Wed, Sep 08, 2004 at 03:58:28PM +1000, Neil Conway wrote:
> I've accepted an offer from Fujitsu Australia Software Technologies
> to work on PostgreSQL full-time for them for the next twelve months
> in Sydney, Australia. I'll be working with Gavin Sherry and two
> other full-time developers from FAST. I'm grateful to Fujitsu for
> giving me the opportunity to do this, and I look forward to doing
> what I can to improve PostgreSQL over the next year.

Congratulations!  Have fun in Sydney :)

phone: +1 510 893 6100   mobile: +1 415 235 3778

Remember to vote!

Re: FYI: Fujitsu

From
Neil Conway
Date:
Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:
> Out of interest, do you have free reign to code whatever you want, or do
> you have a specific set of things to do for Fujitsu?  Also, will you be
> working on the open source server, or Fujitsu proprietary extensions?

I'll be working on a bit of everything; my initial focus will be on new
feature development for 8.1

-Neil