too short string for SQL in pg_stat_backend_activity

From
Pavel Stehule
Date:
Hello

I my work I have problem with some ugly SQL. Processing some query takes 2
days and more (problem is in queries not in PostgreSQL). I can't wait on
end of query and can't take text of query from serverlog. Text of queries
has about 2 - 7 Kb. I have problem identifi queries in our is, becouse I
can see only begin of queries in pg_stat_activity, and in this view is
text of query cut on 1Kb.

Can I set somewhere an long for text, which is in current_query in
"pg_catalog.pg_stat_activity"?

Regards
Pavel Stehule

Re: too short string for SQL in pg_stat_backend_activity

Date:
Pavel Stehule <stehule@kix.fsv.cvut.cz> writes:
> Can I set somewhere an long for text, which is in current_query in
> "pg_catalog.pg_stat_activity"?

No.  You could attach gdb to the backend that's running the troublesome
query and do "p debug_query_string" ...
        regards, tom lane