Tom in Doom3?

From
Christopher Kings-Lynne
Date:
Hey Tom,

Did you rate a mention in the Doom 3 readme file? :)

---
4. COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

DOOM 3 is linked with the JpegLib, copyright (c)1991-1998 Thomas G.
Lane/Independent JPEG Group. All rights reserved.
---

Cool :)

Chris

Re: Tom in Doom3?

From
G u i d o B a r o s i o
Date:
Lol! :)

> Hey Tom,
>
> Did you rate a mention in the Doom 3 readme file? :)
>
> ---
> 4. COPYRIGHT INFORMATION
>
> DOOM 3 is linked with the JpegLib, copyright (c)1991-1998 Thomas G.
> Lane/Independent JPEG Group. All rights reserved.
> ---
>
> Cool :)
>
> Chris

Re: Tom in Doom3?

From
Michael Glaesemann
Date:
On Aug 6, 2004, at 12:38 AM, Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:

> 4. COPYRIGHT INFORMATION
>
> DOOM 3 is linked with the JpegLib, copyright (c)1991-1998 Thomas G.
> Lane/Independent JPEG Group. All rights reserved.
> ---

Congrats, Mr Lane!

Now, what's Chris doing with Doom 3? :)

Michael Glaesemann
grzm myrealbox com

Re: Tom in Doom3?

From
Mike Mascari
Date:
Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:
> Hey Tom,
>
> Did you rate a mention in the Doom 3 readme file? :)
>
> --- 4. COPYRIGHT INFORMATION
>
> DOOM 3 is linked with the JpegLib, copyright (c)1991-1998 Thomas
> G. Lane/Independent JPEG Group. All rights reserved. ---
>
> Cool :)

I remember Lamar Owen had found some site which determined the major
contributors to open source software and it read something like:

1. UC Berkeley
2. MIT
3. Tom Lane
4. Carnegie Mellon
5. IBM

I wish I had the link...

Mike Mascari

Re: Tom in Doom3?

From
Gavin Sherry
Date:
On Thu, 5 Aug 2004, Mike Mascari wrote:

> Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:
> > Hey Tom,
> >
> > Did you rate a mention in the Doom 3 readme file? :)
> >
> > --- 4. COPYRIGHT INFORMATION
> >
> > DOOM 3 is linked with the JpegLib, copyright (c)1991-1998 Thomas
> > G. Lane/Independent JPEG Group. All rights reserved. ---
> >
> > Cool :)
>
> I remember Lamar Owen had found some site which determined the major
> contributors to open source software and it read something like:
>
> 1. UC Berkeley
> 2. MIT
> 3. Tom Lane
> 4. Carnegie Mellon
> 5. IBM

Not to mention his success as a college wrestler:

http://www.prep.fairfield.edu/On_Campus/Athletics/Wrestling/12_17/tom_lane.jpg

:-)

Gavin

Re: Tom in Doom3?

Date:
Gavin Sherry <swm@linuxworld.com.au> writes:
> Not to mention his success as a college wrestler:
> http://www.prep.fairfield.edu/On_Campus/Athletics/Wrestling/12_17/tom_lane.jpg

That one is definitely somebody else ;-)
        regards, tom lane