Beta status

Date:
OK, we scheduled beta for August 1, and we are close, but we should get
a few more patches in before bundling beta.  I have applied all I could
from the patch queue.  Tom needs to review the rest.

Plus we have a nested transaction patch to apply and a little PITR work
left to do.  We should be able to package beta in a few days.  Keep
sending in your patches because even after we enter beta --- we still
need to fix things and add documentation.

Pennsylvania19073

Re: Beta status

From
Christopher Kings-Lynne
Date:
> OK, we scheduled beta for August 1, and we are close, but we should get
> a few more patches in before bundling beta.  I have applied all I could
> from the patch queue.  Tom needs to review the rest.

Of my three patches, they are all "bug fixes", however the USING INDEX
TABLESPACE one should probably go in or (or be rejected) before beta since
it involves a grammar tweak.

Chris

Re: Beta status

From
Christopher Kings-Lynne
Date:
> OK, we scheduled beta for August 1, and we are close, but we should get
> a few more patches in before bundling beta.  I have applied all I could
> from the patch queue.  Tom needs to review the rest.

Oh, and perhaps once the owner/acl fix patch is in, then whoever commits
Fabien's patch to fix schema acls should change it to use my aclnewowner()
function so that we don't have a doubling up of functionality.

Chris