Is the time zone comment in postgresql.conf still valid?

From
Christopher Kings-Lynne
Date:
#timezone = unknown             # actually, defaults to TZ environment
setting

Is that comment still actually true?

Chris

Re: Is the time zone comment in postgresql.conf still valid?

Date:
> #timezone = unknown             # actually, defaults to TZ environment
> setting

> Is that comment still actually true?

Yes, we do still believe TZ if it is set; see select_default_timezone.
The comment isn't the whole story, but I don't think it ever was, and
I'm not sure you can do a lot better in half a line ...
        regards, tom lane