SIGPIPE does not try to cancel a query

From
Bastian Blank
Date:
Hi folks

Several times I killed clients which issued a longtime query. The
clients don't cancel the query and closes the connection. The backend
ignores the delivered SIGPIPE instead of counting it as a cancelation
request like SIGINT/TERM.

Bastian

--
Earth -- mother of the most beautiful women in the universe.    -- Apollo, "Who Mourns for Adonais?" stardate 3468.1

Re: SIGPIPE does not try to cancel a query

Date:
Bastian Blank <bastian@waldi.eu.org> writes:
> Several times I killed clients which issued a longtime query. The
> clients don't cancel the query and closes the connection. The backend
> ignores the delivered SIGPIPE instead of counting it as a cancelation
> request like SIGINT/TERM.

That's intentional.
        regards, tom lane