pg_begintypend

From
Gaetano Mendola
Date:
Hi all,

#create function email_in( cstring ) returns email AS 'emaildt.so', 'email_in' LANGUAGE C STRICT;
NOTICE:  type "email" is not yet defined
DETAIL:  Creating a shell type definition.
ERROR:  could not load library "emaildt.so": emaildt.so: undefined symbol: pg_begintypsend

I'm compiling my files in this way:

gcc -c  -g -fPIC -o "email.o" -I /usr/include/pgsql/server "email.c"
gcc -g -shared -fPIC -o "emaildt.so" email.o

which library I have to link in order to have the symbol pg_begintypsend ?

Regards
Gaetano Mendola

negative pid?

From
Michael Brusser
Date:
I see this code in pg_ctl:
  PID=`sed -n 1p $PIDFILE`  if [ "$PID" -lt 0 ];then      PID=`expr 0 - $PID`

Wnen it is possible (and why) to have a negative number in postmaster.pid?

Thanks,
Mike

Re: negative pid?

From
Michael Brusser
Date:
Sorry, I should have checked the source first.
Just found this in miscinit.c :

* By convention, the owning process' PID is negated if it is a standalone
* backend rather than a postmaster.  This is just for informational
purposes.

====================

Re: pg_begintypend

Date:
Gaetano Mendola <mendola@bigfoot.com> writes:
> which library I have to link in order to have the symbol pg_begintypsend ?

I think you want pq_begintypsend.

Consider paying more attention to unknown-function warnings from your
compiler.
        regards, tom lane

Re: pg_begintypend

From
Gaetano Mendola
Tom Lane wrote:

> Gaetano Mendola <mendola@bigfoot.com> writes:
>
>>which library I have to link in order to have the symbol pg_begintypsend ?
>

> I think you want pq_begintypsend.
>
> Consider paying more attention to unknown-function warnings from your
> compiler.

I had no warning at all, I think I have to increment the warning setting
during my compilation.

Gaetano