Regarding development and the submittal of patches

From
Bill Moran
Date:
Hey all,

I hope this isn't off-topic or inapropriate to this list ...

I'm not familiar with the PostgreSQL patch-submittal/development cycle.
I recently submitted a patch regarding \copy syntax in psql, and I'd
like to keep an eye on it to see that it gets comitted, or respond if
there are concerns that would prevent it from being comitted.

I sent the patch to pgsql-patches@postgresql.org two days ago, and
have heard nothing in reply.  Is this typical lag?  Is there anywhere
I can monitor whether this patch is being reviewed or not?  Is there
anything else _I_ should do to assist the comitter?

Direct suggestions, or links to information would be equally welcome.

Thanks.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies

Re: Regarding development and the submittal of patches

Date:
Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com> writes:
> I sent the patch to pgsql-patches@postgresql.org two days ago, and
> have heard nothing in reply.  Is this typical lag?

Right at the moment, incoming patches are a tad backed up because Bruce,
who usually handles them, is off traveling.  I'm trying to fill the gap
a bit but I have other things to do ...
        regards, tom lane

Re: Regarding development and the submittal of patches

Date:
Bill Moran wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I hope this isn't off-topic or inapropriate to this list ...
>
> I'm not familiar with the PostgreSQL patch-submittal/development cycle.
> I recently submitted a patch regarding \copy syntax in psql, and I'd
> like to keep an eye on it to see that it gets comitted, or respond if
> there are concerns that would prevent it from being comitted.
>
> I sent the patch to pgsql-patches@postgresql.org two days ago, and
> have heard nothing in reply.  Is this typical lag?  Is there anywhere
> I can monitor whether this patch is being reviewed or not?  Is there
> anything else _I_ should do to assist the comitter?
>
> Direct suggestions, or links to information would be equally welcome.

I was away during the past week. I will review it and get it into the
patches queue.

Pennsylvania19073

Date:
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Bill Moran wrote:
>
>>Hey all,
>>
>>I hope this isn't off-topic or inapropriate to this list ...
>>
>>I'm not familiar with the PostgreSQL patch-submittal/development cycle.
>>I recently submitted a patch regarding \copy syntax in psql, and I'd
>>like to keep an eye on it to see that it gets comitted, or respond if
>>there are concerns that would prevent it from being comitted.
>>
>>I sent the patch to pgsql-patches@postgresql.org two days ago, and
>>have heard nothing in reply.  Is this typical lag?  Is there anywhere
>>I can monitor whether this patch is being reviewed or not?  Is there
>>anything else _I_ should do to assist the comitter?
>>
>>Direct suggestions, or links to information would be equally welcome.
>
> I was away during the past week. I will review it and get it into the
> patches queue.

Please wait.  I'm revising and improving the patch based on some suggestions.

I expect to have the new, improved patch ready some time today.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies