extra_float_digits question

From
Christopher Kings-Lynne
Date:
Hi guys,

During a pg_dump, does the extra_float_digits option only affect the
COPY data, or could it possibly also affect column defaults, view
definitions, etc?

Chris

Re: extra_float_digits question

Date:
> During a pg_dump, does the extra_float_digits option only affect the
> COPY data, or could it possibly also affect column defaults, view
> definitions, etc?

It applies to any output of a float4 or float8 value, so yeah it could
affect display of column defaults etc.  Is this bad?
        regards, tom lane

Date:
>>During a pg_dump, does the extra_float_digits option only affect the
>>COPY data, or could it possibly also affect column defaults, view
>>definitions, etc?
>

> It applies to any output of a float4 or float8 value, so yeah it could
> affect display of column defaults etc.  Is this bad?

No, it's OK.  I'm just writing a table structure dumping function for
phpPgAdmin, and I was wondering if I need to bother with
extra_float_digits just for the structure or not.

I guess I do.

Chris