psql \encoding fixed

Date:
Does the new protocol fix the fact that psql \encoding doesn't see SET
CLIENT_ENCODING changes.

Pennsylvania19073

Re: psql \encoding fixed

Date:
> Does the new protocol fix the fact that psql \encoding doesn't see SET
> CLIENT_ENCODING changes.

regression=# \encoding
SQL_ASCII
regression=# set client_encoding TO unicode;
SET
regression=# \encoding
UNICODE
regression=#
        regards, tom lane

Re: psql \encoding fixed

Date:
OK, psql docs updated to remove mention of that problem.

Tom Lane wrote:
> > Does the new protocol fix the fact that psql \encoding doesn't see SET
> > CLIENT_ENCODING changes.
>
> regression=# \encoding
> SQL_ASCII
> regression=# set client_encoding TO unicode;
> SET
> regression=# \encoding
> UNICODE
> regression=#
>
>             regards, tom lane

Pennsylvania19073

Re: psql \encoding fixed

Date:
> OK, psql docs updated to remove mention of that problem.

They already were, I thought.
        regards, tom lane

Re: psql \encoding fixed

Tom Lane wrote:
> > OK, psql docs updated to remove mention of that problem.
>
> They already were, I thought.

It was still mentioned in the psql manual page.  I know because I added
it in 7.3, and it was still there.

Pennsylvania19073