static dumper idea

From
"Christopher Kings-Lynne"
Date:
How's this for an idea?  We release a statically compiled version of pg_dump
(from the 7.4 tree say) that is able to dump 7.3, 7.2 databases etc.  We
recommend to people that they use that to dump their existing database?

We could have it continually available as a database dumper...

Chris

Re: static dumper idea

From
Rod Taylor
Date:
On Thu, 2003-07-10 at 02:28, Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:
> How's this for an idea?  We release a statically compiled version of pg_dump
> (from the 7.4 tree say) that is able to dump 7.3, 7.2 databases etc.  We
> recommend to people that they use that to dump their existing database?

Out of curiosity, what does the 7.4 pg_dump do better than the 7.3
version?