Compiling Win32

From
Paul Ramsey
Date:
I have started playing with the pre7.4 code to see if I can compile a
win32 version with PostGIS support. So far, finding it a little hard. Is
there a wee guide to compiling 7.4 native win32 around?
Thanks,
Paul

--       __     /     | Paul Ramsey     | Refractions Research     | Email: pramsey@refractions.net     | Phone: (250)
885-0632    \_

Re: Compiling Win32

Date:
No, we are not there yet, but you can download Mingw and Msys to get
started.

Paul Ramsey wrote:
> I have started playing with the pre7.4 code to see if I can compile a
> win32 version with PostGIS support. So far, finding it a little hard. Is
> there a wee guide to compiling 7.4 native win32 around?
> Thanks,
> Paul
>
> --
>        __
>       /
>       | Paul Ramsey
>       | Refractions Research
>       | Email: pramsey@refractions.net
>       | Phone: (250) 885-0632
>       \_

> TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Pennsylvania19073

Re: Compiling Win32

From
Paul Ramsey
Date:
Yep, have done that...
Configure even runs right through, but nothing after that. :/
P.

Bruce Momjian wrote:
> No, we are not there yet, but you can download Mingw and Msys to get
> started.

> Paul Ramsey wrote:
>
>>I have started playing with the pre7.4 code to see if I can compile a
>>win32 version with PostGIS support. So far, finding it a little hard. Is
>>there a wee guide to compiling 7.4 native win32 around?
>>Thanks,
>>Paul

Re: Compiling Win32

Date:
You should be able to compile, but not link the backend.

Paul Ramsey wrote:
> Yep, have done that...
> Configure even runs right through, but nothing after that. :/
> P.
>
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > No, we are not there yet, but you can download Mingw and Msys to get
> > started.

> > Paul Ramsey wrote:
> >
> >>I have started playing with the pre7.4 code to see if I can compile a
> >>win32 version with PostGIS support. So far, finding it a little hard. Is
> >>there a wee guide to compiling 7.4 native win32 around?
> >>Thanks,
> >>Paul

Pennsylvania19073

Re: Compiling Win32