Feature freeze date

Date:
We are 5 days away from the feature freeze date, but with the almost
week of downtime we have had, I don't think we can stick to that date.

Do we choose July 1 as feature freeze and July 15 as beta, or push beta
start to Auguest 1?

Pennsylvania19073

Re: Feature freeze date

From
greg@turnstep.com
Date:

Re: Feature freeze date

Date:
greg@turnstep.com wrote:
[ There is text before PGP section. ]

[ PGP not available, raw data follows ]

> > We are 5 days away from the feature freeze date, but with the almost
> > week of downtime we have had, I don't think we can stick to that date.
> >
> > Do we choose July 1 as feature freeze and July 15 as beta, or push beta
> > start to Auguest 1?
>
> Well it would certainly be nice if CVS was working first. I am still
> getting the following error:
>
> $ cvs update
> /projects/cvsroot: no such repository

Yes.  I am even holding some of the patches because I am not sure if it
makes sense to apply them when no one can check them.  Marc says he will
have it working in 6 hours.

Pennsylvania19073

Re: Feature freeze date

Date:
> We are 5 days away from the feature freeze date, but with the almost
> week of downtime we have had, I don't think we can stick to that date.
> Do we choose July 1 as feature freeze and July 15 as beta, or push beta
> start to Auguest 1?

I don't think a week of partial downtime justifies a month's slip.

The July 1/15 schedule seems like it might be a good plan though.
I know I'm not going to be done editing error messages by June 15 ...

Any other thoughts out there?
        regards, tom lane

Re: Feature freeze date

From
The Hermit Hacker
Date:
'k, someone please test ... should all be setup now and 'auto-updating'
hourly ...

On Tue, 10 Jun 2003, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> greg@turnstep.com wrote:
> [ There is text before PGP section. ]
> >
> [ PGP not available, raw data follows ]
> >
> > > We are 5 days away from the feature freeze date, but with the almost
> > > week of downtime we have had, I don't think we can stick to that date.
> > >
> > > Do we choose July 1 as feature freeze and July 15 as beta, or push beta
> > > start to Auguest 1?
> >
> > Well it would certainly be nice if CVS was working first. I am still
> > getting the following error:
> >
> > $ cvs update
> > /projects/cvsroot: no such repository
>
> Yes.  I am even holding some of the patches because I am not sure if it
> makes sense to apply them when no one can check them.  Marc says he will
> have it working in 6 hours.

Systems Administrator @ hub.org

Re: Feature freeze date

From
The Hermit Hacker
Date:
On Tue, 10 Jun 2003, Tom Lane wrote:

> > We are 5 days away from the feature freeze date, but with the almost
> > week of downtime we have had, I don't think we can stick to that date.
> > Do we choose July 1 as feature freeze and July 15 as beta, or push beta
> > start to Auguest 1?
>
> I don't think a week of partial downtime justifies a month's slip.
>
> The July 1/15 schedule seems like it might be a good plan though.
> I know I'm not going to be done editing error messages by June 15 ...

July 1/15 sounds good to me as well ...

Re: Feature freeze date

From
greg@turnstep.com
Date:

Re: Feature freeze date

From
The Hermit Hacker
Date:
you have to give it a password ... any password, but a password non the
less ... someone else asked me this also, and if I enter no passwd, I can
get the same error message ...

On Wed, 11 Jun 2003 greg@turnstep.com wrote:

> http://archives.postgresql.org

Systems Administrator @ hub.org

Re: Feature freeze date

From
Philip Yarra
Date:
On Wed, 11 Jun 2003 12:10 pm, The Hermit Hacker wrote:
> you have to give it a password ... any password, but a password non the
> less ... someone else asked me this also, and if I enter no passwd, I can
> get the same error message ...

The reason for the confusion might be because here:
http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/cvs.html#ANONCVS
the instructions state "You will be prompted for a password; just press
ENTER." which previously worked for me.

For those of us using anon CVS, Marc's advice works fine: password "a" works
for me and I can authenticate now.

Philip.

Re: Feature freeze date

Date:
The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@postgresql.org> writes:
> you have to give it a password ... any password, but a password non the
> less ... someone else asked me this also, and if I enter no passwd, I can
> get the same error message ...

The existing documentation specifies that the password for anoncvs is
empty.  Can't we make it continue to work like that?
        regards, tom lane

Re: Feature freeze date

Date:
OK, feature freeze July 1, beta starts July 15.