DATA-CUBE in Postgresql.

From
Srikanth M
Date:
Hi!I am interested in adding DATA-CUBE operator(Related to Data
Warehousing) to postgresql. I just want to know wheather it is already
added to postgres or not. please reply to this mail if you have already
worked or still working on it.

Bye
Srikanth

Re: DATA-CUBE in Postgresql.

From
Hans-Jürgen Schönig
Date:
Srikanth M wrote:
> Hi!
>     I am interested in adding DATA-CUBE operator(Related to Data
> Warehousing) to postgresql. I just want to know wheather it is already
> added to postgres or not. please reply to this mail if you have already
> worked or still working on it.
>
> Bye
> Srikanth

> TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Currently there is just one solution I am aware of.
The EFEU package provides a simple interface to PostgreSQL (via its Esh
interpreter language) which allows you to do some basic operations
related to cubes.

If there was a solution which is distributed along with PostgreSQL this
would be a damn good thing.
How is it supposed to work? I have done a lot of work with EFEU so maybe
I can give you some hints since the way EFEU treats cubes makes sense to me.
Regards,
    Hans

--
Cybertec Geschwinde u Schoenig
Ludo-Hartmannplatz 1/14, A-1160 Vienna, Austria