CVS Servers (Anonymous)

From
wade
Date:
Hello all.

Not sure where to ask this, but its kind of a source code issue.
I am just wondering what is up with anonymous cvs?  Using the techniques
described in the docs which have worked for a year or so, I can't get updates.
All I get is "/projects/cvsroot: no such repository".
I know there are server changes taking place, but it would seem that I am
reaching a CVS server, just not one configured the same as it was.  With an
impending release, cvs could be busy.
Any hints welcome.

Thanks.-Wade Klaver

Re: CVS Servers (Anonymous)

Date:
wade <wade@wavefire.com> writes:
> Not sure where to ask this, but its kind of a source code issue.
> I am just wondering what is up with anonymous cvs?

It's broken :-(.  Marc indicated that he'd get around to looking at it
pretty soon, but he's got a number of problems remaining from the server
move, and that's probably not the highest-priority one ...
        regards, tom lane

Re: CVS Servers (Anonymous)

From
The Hermit Hacker
Date:
all *should* be fixed for anoncvs at this time ... I had tried to put it
into the same VM as gborg, without realizing that by doing so I was trying
to override how gborg itself is doing CVS ... moved it to the developer
VM, and everything seems to be good now ...

Systems Administrator @ hub.org