Tuning heuristics

From
Bruce Badger
Date:
From time to time people using PostgreSQL for the Smalltalk StORE
repository system are having performance problems.  There are some
common solutions such as suggesting they run vacuum analyze, or apply
the latest StORE schema tweaks.

I'm wondering if there is a document somewhere that describes how to
find performance bottlenecks from a PostgreSQL point of view, and what
to do about them.  A trouble shooting flowchart, with actions and
decision points would be great.

Does such a thing exist?

Thanks

Re: Tuning heuristics