psql improvements

From
"Christopher Kings-Lynne"
Date:
Just wanting some feedback on those psql improvements I put through.  Have people been using psql in CVS?  Do you like
thenew format?

Chris

Re: psql improvements

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
On Mon, Apr 07, 2003 at 11:38:33AM +0800, Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:
> Just wanting some feedback on those psql improvements I put through.
> Have people been using psql in CVS?  Do you like the new format?

Maybe this is counter-feedback:  I've been using an ancient version
(7.1.3 I think) and I really would like that psql to be like the
one in CVS :-(

My CVS copy barely bootstraps now, so I don't use psql much.  But for
the few times I've used it, yeah, I like the format.

Unrelated: I just need to finish smgrDoPendingDeletes() and I'll submit
a preliminar patch for nested transactions so people can review and
comment.

"Escucha y olvidarás; ve y recordarás; haz y entenderás" (Confucio)

Errors uniquely identified

From
"A.M."
Date:
There doesn't seem to be any way to get error reporting with unique
identifiers for each type of error (or warning or notice). Is this
something planned for the future? Would this be a daunting task because
the various messages are strewn throughout the sources? Would
centralized error strings (and ids) be appreciated for easier
automation parsing? Just some thoughts...I might offer to tackle this
unless there is some reason not to do so.