Open 7.4 features

Date:
Here are a list of features that might be in 7.4.  I know there are
several people involved in each of these items.

Wire protocol changes
Point-in-time recovery
Win32 port
Cursors WITH HOLD and WHERE CURRENT OF
Nested transactions
Autovacuum
Config file location
Tablespaces

Pennsylvania19073

Re: Open 7.4 features

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
On Wed, Mar 19, 2003 at 05:45:39PM -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Here are a list of features that might be in 7.4.  I know there are
> several people involved in each of these items.

I think you forgot error codes and associated stuff.

"Sallah, I said NO camels! That's FIVE camels; can't you count?"
(Indiana Jones)

Re: Open 7.4 features

Date:
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 19, 2003 at 05:45:39PM -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> > Here are a list of features that might be in 7.4.  I know there are
> > several people involved in each of these items.
>
> I think you forgot error codes and associated stuff.

That is part of the wire protocol upgrade, I think.

Pennsylvania19073

Re: Open 7.4 features

From
Kris Jurka

On Wed, 19 Mar 2003, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Here are a list of features that might be in 7.4.  I know there are
> several people involved in each of these items.
>
> Tablespaces

I haven't seen any proposal for tablespaces recently.  Is this something
that is actively being worked on?

Kris Jurka

Re: Open 7.4 features

Date:
Kris Jurka wrote:

> On Wed, 19 Mar 2003, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>

> > Here are a list of features that might be in 7.4.  I know there are
> > several people involved in each of these items.
> >
> > Tablespaces
>
> I haven't seen any proposal for tablespaces recently.  Is this something
> that is actively being worked on?

Not really. I can help if someone wants to work on it.

Pennsylvania19073