bug in contrib/adddepend

From
"Christopher Kings-Lynne"
Date:
Hi,

I just noticed a bug in adddepend:

The below commands will upgrade the foreign key style.  Shall I execute
them?
       DROP TRIGGER "RI_ConstraintTrigger_1105102" ON news_authors;       DROP TRIGGER "RI_ConstraintTrigger_1105103"
ONnews_authors;       DROP TRIGGER "RI_ConstraintTrigger_1105118" ON news_articles;

       ALTER TABLE news_articles ADD CONSTRAINT "<unnamed>" FOREIGN
KEY (author)                REFERENCES news_authors(id) MATCH SIMPLE ON UPDATE NO
ACTION ON DELETE NO ACTION;

See how it's HTMLised the foreign key name?  I cannot find how $keyname in
the code is being html escaped.  Perhaps it's some weird taint mode thing?

Rod - you got any ideas?

Chris

Re: bug in contrib/adddepend

From
Rod Taylor
Date:
On Thu, 2003-02-20 at 22:08, Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just noticed a bug in adddepend:
>
> The below commands will upgrade the foreign key style.  Shall I execute
> them?
>
>         DROP TRIGGER "RI_ConstraintTrigger_1105102" ON news_authors;
>         DROP TRIGGER "RI_ConstraintTrigger_1105103" ON news_authors;
>         DROP TRIGGER "RI_ConstraintTrigger_1105118" ON news_articles;
>
>         ALTER TABLE news_articles ADD CONSTRAINT "<unnamed>" FOREIGN
> KEY (author)
>                  REFERENCES news_authors(id) MATCH SIMPLE ON UPDATE NO
> ACTION ON DELETE NO ACTION;
>

> See how it's HTMLised the foreign key name?  I cannot find how $keyname in
> the code is being html escaped.  Perhaps it's some weird taint mode thing?

Not to mention when it's <unnamed>, the code is setup to ignore the
constraint name entirely (line 267).

There isn't anything that changes the value of $keyname after it's
pulled from the DBI drivers.  What version of DBI::Pg are you using?

Last time I used it was with DBI::Pg v1.13.

--
Rod Taylor <rbt@rbt.ca>

PGP Key: http://www.rbt.ca/rbtpub.asc

Re: bug in contrib/adddepend

From
Christopher Kings-Lynne
Date:
> > See how it's HTMLised the foreign key name?  I cannot find how $keyname in
> > the code is being html escaped.  Perhaps it's some weird taint mode thing?
>
> Not to mention when it's <unnamed>, the code is setup to ignore the
> constraint name entirely (line 267).

I worked around it by checking to see if it equalled '<unnamed>' as
well as '<unnamed>'.  I also have heaps of RI triggers left over after the
addepend run, so I'll investigate why adddepend doesn't pick them up...

> There isn't anything that changes the value of $keyname after it's
> pulled from the DBI drivers.  What version of DBI::Pg are you using?
>
> Last time I used it was with DBI::Pg v1.13.

I'm using:

p5-DBD-Pg-1.21      Provides access to PostgreSQL databases through the
p5-DBI-1.28         The perl5 Database Interface.  Required for DBD::*

Chris

Re: bug in contrib/adddepend

From
Rod Taylor
Date:
> I worked around it by checking to see if it equalled '<unnamed>' as
> well as '<unnamed>'.  I also have heaps of RI triggers left over after the
> addepend run, so I'll investigate why adddepend doesn't pick them up...

Took a quick look, and I don't see anything in DBD-Pg that would do this
type of conversion.

--
Rod Taylor <rbt@rbt.ca>

PGP Key: http://www.rbt.ca/rbtpub.asc

Re: bug in contrib/adddepend

Date:
Was this resolved.  Christopher, do you have a reproducible case?

Rod Taylor wrote:
-- Start of PGP signed section.
> > I worked around it by checking to see if it equalled '<unnamed>' as
> > well as '<unnamed>'.  I also have heaps of RI triggers left over after the
> > addepend run, so I'll investigate why adddepend doesn't pick them up...
>
> Took a quick look, and I don't see anything in DBD-Pg that would do this
> type of conversion.
>

> --
> Rod Taylor <rbt@rbt.ca>
>
> PGP Key: http://www.rbt.ca/rbtpub.asc
-- End of PGP section, PGP failed!

Pennsylvania19073

Re: bug in contrib/adddepend

From
Rod Taylor
Date:
On Thu, 2003-03-06 at 09:58, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Was this resolved.  Christopher, do you have a reproducible case?

I've not been able to reproduce it, nor have I had a similar complaint.

I think it's a system configuration issue or somekind.  Otherwise there
would have been many many more complaints, as <unknown> is a rather
common name for constraints :).

--

Date:
> Was this resolved.  Christopher, do you have a reproducible case?

It wasn't resolved, in fact I'd forgotten about it :)

I do have a reproducible case (our live server), however it seems like it's
basically a case of an invalid set of triggers.  I really need to manually
remove some of the triggers.  eg. They're supporting one side of the foreign
key, but not the other, etc...

Chris

Re: bug in contrib/adddepend

From
"Christopher Kings-Lynne"
Date:
> Was this resolved.  Christopher, do you have a reproducible case?

Oh sorry, I answered the wrong question!

Yes, I resolved it by reinstalling my DBD perl stuff.

I still have the problem of left over constraint triggers, but they do look
like they're broken, so it's not an adddepend problem...

Chris