Re: [ANNOUNCE] PostgreSQL v7.3.2 Released

From
Laurette Cisneros
Date:
Well this isn't any good...the primary site is hugely busy and it is not on
any of the mirrors.  Perhaps it did not get copied over to the mirrors even
though this announcent says it is there?

Thanks,

L.
On Wed, 5 Feb 2003, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> G'day ...
>
>   This is just a quick announcement that v7.3.2 has been tag'd (REL7_3_2),
> and released, to address several problems found with v7.3.1.  This release
> addresses several overrun and memory leak issues that were found in recent
> weeks, so it is highly recommended that those running the v7.3.1 branch
> upgrade at their earliest convience.
>

> Major changes in this release are, as listed in the HISTORY file:
>
>    Restore creation of OID column in CREATE TABLE AS / SELECT INTO
>    Fix pg_dump core dump when dumping views having comments
>    Dump DEFERRABLE/INITIALLY DEFERRED constraints properly
>    Fix UPDATE when child table's column numbering differs from parent
>    Increase default value of max_fsm_relations
>    Fix problem when fetching backwards in a cursor for a single-row query
>    Make backward fetch work properly with cursor on SELECT DISTINCT query
>    Fix problems with loading pg_dump files containing contrib/lo usage
>    Fix problem with all-numeric user names
>    Fix possible memory leak and core dump during disconnect in libpgtcl
>    Make plpython's spi_execute command handle nulls properly (Andrew Bosma)
>    Adjust plpython error reporting so that its regression test passes again
>    Work with bison 1.875
>    Handle mixed-case names properly in plpgsql's %type (Neil)
>    Fix core dump in pltcl when executing a query rewritten by a rule
>    Repair array subscript overruns (per report from Yichen Xie)
>    Reduce MAX_TIME_PRECISION from 13 to 10 in floating-point case
>    Correctly case-fold variable names in per-database and per-user settings
>    Fix coredump in plpgsql's RETURN NEXT when SELECT into record returns
>         no rows
>    Fix outdated use of pg_type.typprtlen in python client interface
>    Correctly handle fractional seconds in timestamps in JDBC driver
>    Improve performance of getImportedKeys() in JDBC
>    Make shared-library symlinks work standardly on HPUX (Giles)
>    Repair inconsistent rounding behavior for timestamp, time, interval
>    SSL negotiation fixes (Nathan Mueller)
>    Make libpq's ~/.pgpass feature work when connecting with PQconnectDB
>    Update my2pg, ora2pg
>    Translation updates
>    Add casts between types lo and oid in contrib/lo
>    fastpath code now checks for privilege to call function
>
> This release is backwards compability to the previous v7.3.x releases, and
> does not require a dump/restore to upgrade ...
>
> This release can be found on all mirrors, as well as the main site, under:
>
>             /pub/source/v7.3.2
>
> Please submit any bug reports for this release to
>
>                 pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org

Laurette Cisneros, L.D.
The Database Group
(510) 420-3137
NextBus Information Systems, Inc.
www.nextbus.com
----------------------------------
"No man is wise enough by himself"
-- Titus Maccius Plautus   (254 Bc - 184 BC), Miles Gloriosus

Re: [ANNOUNCE] PostgreSQL v7.3.2 Released

Date:
Laurette Cisneros <laurette@nextbus.com> writes:
> Well this isn't any good...the primary site is hugely busy and it is not on
> any of the mirrors.

Sure it is.  I tried two at random:

ftp://ftp.us.postgresql.org/source/v7.3.2/
ftp://ftp.dk.postgresql.org/mirrors/postgresql/source/v7.3.2/

The top-level symlink may not be there yet (I think Marc forgot to make
it on the master until today), but the tarball is there if you look
under source/.

            regards, tom lane

Re: [ANNOUNCE] PostgreSQL v7.3.2 Released

From
Laurette Cisneros
Date:
I was trying from the postgresql.org download web page and following the
mirror links there...and none of them that I was able to get to (some of
them didn't work) showed 7.3.2.

The second link you gave below works.

Thanks,

L.

--
Laurette Cisneros, L.D.
The Database Group
(510) 420-3137
NextBus Information Systems, Inc.
www.nextbus.com
----------------------------------
"No man is wise enough by himself"
-- Titus Maccius Plautus   (254 Bc - 184 BC), Miles Gloriosus

Re: [ANNOUNCE] PostgreSQL v7.3.2 Released

From
Oliver Elphick
Date:
On Wed, 2003-02-05 at 20:41, Laurette Cisneros wrote:
> I was trying from the postgresql.org download web page and following the
> mirror links there...and none of them that I was able to get to (some of
> them didn't work) showed 7.3.2.

I got it from mirror.ac.uk yesterday

     "Lift up your heads, O ye gates; and be ye lift up, ye
      everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come
      in. Who is this King of glory? The LORD strong and
      mighty, the LORD mighty in battle."
                                   Psalms 24:7,8

Re: [ANNOUNCE] PostgreSQL v7.3.2 Released

From
Vince Vielhaber
Date:
On Wed, 5 Feb 2003, Laurette Cisneros wrote:

> Well this isn't any good...the primary site is hugely busy and it is not on
> any of the mirrors.  Perhaps it did not get copied over to the mirrors even
> though this announcent says it is there?

ftp.us.postgresql.org has had it for a day or two now.  The Redhat
binaries are now there too.

Vince.
-- Fast, inexpensive internet service 56k and beyond!  http://www.pop4.net/  http://www.meanstreamradio.com
http://www.unknown-artists.com       Internet radio: It's not file sharing, it's just radio.

>    Been trying to test the latest source but the following places give
> permission dened when trying to download:

>    ftp.postgresql.org
>    ftp.us.postgresql.org
>    ftp2.us.postgresql.org
>    mirror.ac.uk

I just started a download from ftp.us.postgresql.org, and it seems to be
working fine.  We've not heard other complaints, either.  Sure the
problem's not on your end?

            regards, tom lane

PostgreSQL v7.3.2 Released -- Permission denied from pretty much everywhere

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
Hello folks,

   Been trying to test the latest source but the following places give
permission dened when trying to download:

   ftp.postgresql.org
   ftp.us.postgresql.org
   ftp2.us.postgresql.org
   mirror.ac.uk

   Anybody got one that works?

Oliver Elphick wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-02-05 at 20:41, Laurette Cisneros wrote:
>
>>I was trying from the postgresql.org download web page and following the
>>mirror links there...and none of them that I was able to get to (some of
>>them didn't work) showed 7.3.2.
>

> I got it from mirror.ac.uk yesterday

Re: PostgreSQL v7.3.2 Released -- Permission denied from pretty much

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
Hello,

   Pardon me while I pull my book out of various dark places. It has
been a very long week. I got it. Thanks.

Sincerely,

Joshua Drake