Question about bit.h and bit.c

From
Sailesh Krishnamurthy
Date:
I have a small nit

Why is it that bit.h is in src/include/utils and bit.c is in
src/backend/lib ?

I can never for the life of me remember which is in which :-)

--
Pip-pip
Sailesh

Re: Question about bit.h and bit.c

Date:
Sailesh Krishnamurthy <sailesh@cs.berkeley.edu> writes:
> Why is it that bit.h is in src/include/utils and bit.c is in
> src/backend/lib ?

Possibly a more interesting question is why haven't we ditched them both
... AFAICT none of the bit.c routines are used anymore.
        regards, tom lane

Date:
   Tom> Sailesh Krishnamurthy <sailesh@cs.berkeley.edu> writes:   >> Why is it that bit.h is in src/include/utils and
bit.cis in   >> src/backend/lib ?

   Tom> Possibly a more interesting question is why haven't we   Tom> ditched them both ... AFAICT none of the bit.c
routinesare   Tom> used anymore.

True. I just searched and found the only uses of the bitmask functions
(now greatly expanded) in our code :-)

--
Pip-pip
Sailesh