python interface

Date:
I think the python interface in /interfaces/python should be moved to
gborg.  It already has its own web site:
http://www.druid.net/pygresql/

and there is also another one, pyPgSQL, at:
http://pypgsql.sourceforge.net/

It would be good to get both of them listed in the gborg interfaces
section. They don't need to move their web sites there.  They can just
provide a link to their main site from gborg.

Also, other interface authors should consider adding a page for
themselves on gborg too so there is one place people can look for
PostgreSQL interfaces.

I have CC'ed both python interface authors.

Pennsylvania19073

Re: python interface

From
Hannu Krosing
Date:
Bruce Momjian kirjutas K, 18.12.2002 kell 00:10:
> I think the python interface in /interfaces/python should be moved to
> gborg.  It already has its own web site:
>
>     http://www.druid.net/pygresql/
>
> and there is also another one, pyPgSQL, at:
>
>     http://pypgsql.sourceforge.net/

And the active third one, psycopg at:
 http://initd.org/software/initd/psycopg

And an old, seemingly abandoned one at:
 http://www.advogato.org/proj/python-postgresql/

But it would be nice if there were still some rpm's built by default for
those, even from gborg.

--
Hannu Krosing <hannu@tm.ee>

Re: python interface

From
"D'Arcy J.M. Cain"
Date:
On Tuesday 17 December 2002 14:10, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> I think the python interface in /interfaces/python should be moved to
> gborg.  It already has its own web site:
>
>     http://www.druid.net/pygresql/

I would love to add PyGreSQL to gborg but no matter how often I log in it
tells me that I need to be logged in to create a new project.

Re: python interface

Date:
"D'Arcy J.M. Cain" <darcy@druid.net> writes:
> I would love to add PyGreSQL to gborg but no matter how often I log in it
> tells me that I need to be logged in to create a new project.

Weird.  Maybe you're blocking cookies, or something like that?
        regards, tom lane

Re: python interface

From
"D'Arcy J.M. Cain"
Date:
On Friday 03 January 2003 15:24, Tom Lane wrote:
> "D'Arcy J.M. Cain" <darcy@druid.net> writes:
> > I would love to add PyGreSQL to gborg but no matter how often I log in it
> > tells me that I need to be logged in to create a new project.
>
> Weird.  Maybe you're blocking cookies, or something like that?

Hmmm.  I am using Opera and I have noticed cookie related strangeness before
but cookies do work.  I use them with mailman all the time.

I'll try another browser tonight.

Re: python interface

From
"Marc G. Fournier"
Date:
Let me know how it goes, and what the project is ... that way we can move
the current CVS over so that we don't lose the extensive logging history

On Fri, 3 Jan 2003, D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:

> On Friday 03 January 2003 15:24, Tom Lane wrote:
> > "D'Arcy J.M. Cain" <darcy@druid.net> writes:
> > > I would love to add PyGreSQL to gborg but no matter how often I log in it
> > > tells me that I need to be logged in to create a new project.
> >
> > Weird.  Maybe you're blocking cookies, or something like that?
>
> Hmmm.  I am using Opera and I have noticed cookie related strangeness before
> but cookies do work.  I use them with mailman all the time.
>
> I'll try another browser tonight.
>
> --
> D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@{druid|vex}.net>   |  Democracy is three wolves
> http://www.druid.net/darcy/                |  and a sheep voting on
> +1 416 425 1212     (DoD#0082)    (eNTP)   |  what's for dinner.

Re: python interface

From
"D'Arcy J.M. Cain"
Date:
On Saturday 04 January 2003 19:58, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> Let me know how it goes, and what the project is ... that way we can move
> the current CVS over so that we don't lose the extensive logging history

Hmm.  I didn't think that it was suggested to move the repository again.  I
thought I was just going to add a pointer to the PyGreSQL page but leave the
code where it was.  If we move it won't it make it harder to add it with just
a config option like we do now?

Re: python interface

Date:
D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:
> On Saturday 04 January 2003 19:58, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> > Let me know how it goes, and what the project is ... that way we can move
> > the current CVS over so that we don't lose the extensive logging history
>
> Hmm.  I didn't think that it was suggested to move the repository again.  I
> thought I was just going to add a pointer to the PyGreSQL page but leave the
> code where it was.  If we move it won't it make it harder to add it with just
> a config option like we do now?

Yes, it will make it harder, but we can release independently, and
others may get more involved in it.  We have moved the CVS for most of
the interfaces, and they are doing fine on gborg.

Pennsylvania19073