"unofficial" 7.3 RPMs

From
Joe Conway
Date:
I've hacked the spec file from a 7.2.x source RPM to produce a 7.3 source RPM.
I've also created a set of i686 binary RPMs. These are *not* official PGDG
RPMs, and I'm not an RPM expert by any means (so use at your own risk!), but
I've posted them in case anyone is interested. I'll leave them up until Lamar
gets time to create the "official" set.

http://www.joeconway.com/

Joe

Re: "unofficial" 7.3 RPMs

From
Hannu Krosing
Date:
On Mon, 2002-12-02 at 23:59, Joe Conway wrote:
> I've hacked the spec file from a 7.2.x source RPM to produce a 7.3 source RPM.
> I've also created a set of i686 binary RPMs. These are *not* official PGDG
> RPMs, and I'm not an RPM expert by any means (so use at your own risk!), but
> I've posted them in case anyone is interested. I'll leave them up until Lamar
> gets time to create the "official" set.
>
> http://www.joeconway.com/

Thanks, they seem to work fine.

Except that I had to tweak the startup script -
as distributed it defines the version to be 7.3b2 and checks database for version 7.2.

It also expects/puts the database in nonstandard place.

But otherways they saved me a lot of trouble ;)

---------------
Hannu

Re: "unofficial" 7.3 RPMs

From
Joe Conway
Date:
Hannu Krosing wrote:
> Except that I had to tweak the startup script -
> as distributed it defines the version to be 7.3b2 and checks database for version 7.2.
>
> It also expects/puts the database in nonstandard place.

Oops! That's why it is the unofficial RPM set ;-)

FWIW, I produced a new set that should fix these two issues and those are now
posted in place of the others.
  http://www.joeconway.com/

Thanks,

Joe