Open items

Date:
Here are the open items.  There are only a few major ones left.  I would
like to get those done so we can shoot for a final release perhaps at
the end of October.

                              P O S T G R E S Q L
                         7 . 3  O P E N    I T E M S

Current at ftp://momjian.postgresql.org/pub/postgresql/open_items.

Source Code Changes
-------------------
Schema handling - ready? interfaces? client apps?
Drop column handling - ready for all clients, apps?
Fix BeOS, QNX4 ports
Get bison upgrade on postgresql.org for ecpg only (Marc)
Fix vacuum btree bug (Tom)
Fix client apps for autocommit = off
Return last command of INSTEAD rule for tuple count/oid/tag for rules, SPI
Add schema dump option to pg_dump
Add/remove GRANT EXECUTE to all /contrib functions?
Fix pg_dump to handle 64-bit off_t offsets for custom format

On Going
--------
Security audit

Documentation Changes
---------------------
Move documation to gborg for moved projects

Pennsylvania19073

Re: Open items

From
Neil Conway
Date:
> Schema handling - ready? interfaces? client apps?
> Drop column handling - ready for all clients, apps?

How will delaying 7.3 remedy either of these issues?

> Get bison upgrade on postgresql.org for ecpg only (Marc)

Now that bison 1.50 is out, this should probably be "upgrade bison on
postgresql.org, merge ecpg branch".

> Return last command of INSTEAD rule for tuple count/oid/tag for
> rules, SPI

Can someone summarize what the consensus on this issue is? I can take
a look at implementing it, I just lost track of what the final
conclusion was...

> Add schema dump option to pg_dump

Why do we need this for 7.3?

Cheers,

Neil

Re: Open items

Date:
Neil Conway wrote:
> > Schema handling - ready? interfaces? client apps?
> > Drop column handling - ready for all clients, apps?
>
> How will delaying 7.3 remedy either of these issues?
>
> > Get bison upgrade on postgresql.org for ecpg only (Marc)
>
> Now that bison 1.50 is out, this should probably be "upgrade bison on
> postgresql.org, merge ecpg branch".
>
> > Return last command of INSTEAD rule for tuple count/oid/tag for
> > rules, SPI
>
> Can someone summarize what the consensus on this issue is? I can take
> a look at implementing it, I just lost track of what the final
> conclusion was...

Conclusion was to return last INSTEAD rule with the same tag as the
original query.

> > Add schema dump option to pg_dump
>
> Why do we need this for 7.3?

It is probably something we should have in the release where we are
adding schemas, but it is not required.

Pennsylvania19073