TODO item on triggers

Date:
Is this item completed?  It sure looks like it:
* Make triggers refer to columns by number, not name

test=> \d pg_trigger     Table "pg_catalog.pg_trigger"    Column     |    Type    | Modifiers
----------------+------------+-----------tgrelid        | oid        | not nulltgname         | name       | not
nulltgfoid        | oid        | not nulltgtype         | smallint   | not nulltgenabled      | boolean    | not
nulltgisconstraint| boolean    | not nulltgconstrname   | name       | not nulltgconstrrelid  | oid        | not
nulltgdeferrable  | boolean    | not nulltginitdeferred | boolean    | not nulltgnargs        | smallint   | not
nulltgattr        | int2vector | not nulltgargs         | bytea      |

Pennsylvania19073

Re: TODO item on triggers

Date:
> Is this item completed?  It sure looks like it:
>     * Make triggers refer to columns by number, not name

It is not necessary anymore.  The triggers still use names, but there's
code in ALTER...RENAME to fix the trigger parameters.  I'm perfectly
happy with that solution and see no need to do what the TODO item
suggests.
        regards, tom lane

Re: TODO item on triggers

Tom Lane wrote:
> > Is this item completed?  It sure looks like it:
> >     * Make triggers refer to columns by number, not name
>
> It is not necessary anymore.  The triggers still use names, but there's
> code in ALTER...RENAME to fix the trigger parameters.  I'm perfectly
> happy with that solution and see no need to do what the TODO item
> suggests.

OK, item removed, again. ;-)

Pennsylvania19073