[7.3-devl] converision test fails

From
Gordon Runkle
Date:
I'm still getting conversion test failures on RH 7.2, 7.3, and Null beta.

My confiugre arguments are:

./configure --prefix=/opt/postgresql --with-java --with-python  --with-openssl --enable-syslog --enable-debug
--enable-cassert
--enable-depend

It appears that the functions are not being loaded into the regression
database:

--
-- create user defined conversion
--
CREATE CONVERSION myconv FOR 'LATIN1' TO 'UNICODE' FROM iso8859_1_to_utf8;
ERROR:  Function iso8859_1_to_utf8 does not exist
--
-- create default conversion with qualified name
--
ERROR:  Function iso8859_1_to_utf8 does not exist
--
-- cannot make default conversion with same shcema/for_encoding/to_encoding
--
ERROR:  Function iso8859_1_to_utf8 does not exist
--
-- drop user defined conversion
--

Gordon.
--

Re: [7.3-devl] converision test fails

From
Tatsuo Ishii
Date:
> I'm still getting conversion test failures on RH 7.2, 7.3, and Null beta.
>
> My confiugre arguments are:
>
> ./configure --prefix=/opt/postgresql --with-java --with-python  --with-openssl --enable-syslog --enable-debug
--enable-cassert
> --enable-depend

You need not to specify --enable-syslog in 7.3 BTW.

> It appears that the functions are not being loaded into the regression
> database:

This happens because the path to shared objs are defined at the
compile time. I think you don't get the failure once you install
PostgreSQL. However it's not convenience since the parallel regression
test is designed so that it could be executed without the installation
process. I have committed fix for this problem. Please try it again.
--
Tatsuo Ishii

Date:
On Mon, 2002-09-02 at 09:35, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
> You need not to specify --enable-syslog in 7.3 BTW.

OK, thanks.

> This happens because the path to shared objs are defined at the
> compile time. I think you don't get the failure once you install
> PostgreSQL. However it's not convenience since the parallel regression
> test is designed so that it could be executed without the installation
> process. I have committed fix for this problem. Please try it again.

Thanks, this did the trick!

Gordon.