CVS broken - large file support?

From
"Christopher Kings-Lynne"
Date:
On FreeBSD/Alpha, CVS gives:

gmake[4]: Entering directory `/home/chriskl/pgsql-head/src/backend/parser'
gmake[4]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
gmake[4]: Leaving directory `/home/chriskl/pgsql-head/src/backend/parser'
gcc -pipe -O -g -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -I../../..
/src/interfaces/libpq -I../../../src/include   -c -o common.o common.c -MMD
In file included from common.c:21:
pg_backup_archiver.h:168: syntax error before `off_t'
gmake[3]: *** [common.o] Error 1
gmake[3]: Leaving directory `/home/chriskl/pgsql-head/src/bin/pg_dump'
gmake[2]: *** [all] Error 2
gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/home/chriskl/pgsql-head/src/bin'
gmake[1]: *** [all] Error 2
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/home/chriskl/pgsql-head/src'
gmake: *** [all] Error 2

Chris

Re: CVS broken - large file support?

Date:
> On FreeBSD/Alpha, CVS gives [trouble]

I'm currently having to use "configure --disable-largefile" on HPUX;
looks like you'll have to do the same until Peter finishes ironing out
the wrinkles with autoconfiguring largefile support.  It would be
helpful if you'd poke into your system headers and find out (a) can you
do large files at all, and if so (b) what is the correct magic
combination of #defines for your system.
        regards, tom lane

Re: CVS broken - large file support?

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
Christopher Kings-Lynne writes:

> On FreeBSD/Alpha, CVS gives:

> pg_backup_archiver.h:168: syntax error before `off_t'

I have added sys/types.h, so off_t should now be available.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net

Re: CVS broken - large file support?

Date:
Peter, did you go around and remove sys/types.h from all the include
files now that it is in c.h?

Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Christopher Kings-Lynne writes:
>
> > On FreeBSD/Alpha, CVS gives:
>
> > pg_backup_archiver.h:168: syntax error before `off_t'
>
> I have added sys/types.h, so off_t should now be available.
>
> --
> Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net

Pennsylvania19073

Re: CVS broken - large file support?

From
Sean Chittenden
Date:
> > On FreeBSD/Alpha, CVS gives [trouble]
>
> I'm currently having to use "configure --disable-largefile" on HPUX;
> looks like you'll have to do the same until Peter finishes ironing out
> the wrinkles with autoconfiguring largefile support.  It would be
> helpful if you'd poke into your system headers and find out (a) can you
> do large files at all, and if so (b) what is the correct magic
> combination of #defines for your system.

FreeBSD 5.0-CURRENT, gcc 3.1 and 3.2 both have this same problem even
with largefile disabled.  Help?  -sc

gmake[4]: Leaving directory `/usr/home/sean/open_source/postgresql/pgsql/src/backend/parser'
gcc -pipe -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -I../../../src/interfaces/libpq -I../../../src/include   -c
-opg_dump.o pg_dump.c

gcc -pipe -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -I../../../src/interfaces/libpq -I../../../src/include   -c
-ocommon.o common.c

In file included from common.c:21:
pg_backup_archiver.h:168: syntax error before "off_t"
gmake[3]: *** [common.o] Error 1
gmake[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/home/sean/open_source/postgresql/pgsql/src/bin/pg_dump'
gmake[2]: *** [all] Error 2
gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/home/sean/open_source/postgresql/pgsql/src/bin'
gmake[1]: *** [all] Error 2
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/home/sean/open_source/postgresql/pgsql/src'
gmake: *** [all] Error 2
*** Error code 2

Stop in /usr/home/sean/open_source/postgresql/pgsql.

--
Sean Chittenden

Date:
> > > On FreeBSD/Alpha, CVS gives [trouble]
> >
> > I'm currently having to use "configure --disable-largefile" on HPUX;
> > looks like you'll have to do the same until Peter finishes ironing out
> > the wrinkles with autoconfiguring largefile support.  It would be
> > helpful if you'd poke into your system headers and find out (a) can you
> > do large files at all, and if so (b) what is the correct magic
> > combination of #defines for your system.
>
> FreeBSD 5.0-CURRENT, gcc 3.1 and 3.2 both have this same problem even
> with largefile disabled.  Help?  -sc

For those interested and with commit powers, including sys/types.h in
pg_backup_archiver.h fixes this build problem.  -sc

--
Sean Chittenden

Attachment

Date:

> > > I'm currently having to use "configure --disable-largefile" on HPUX;
> > > looks like you'll have to do the same until Peter finishes ironing out
> > > the wrinkles with autoconfiguring largefile support.  It would be
> > > helpful if you'd poke into your system headers and find out (a) can you
> > > do large files at all, and if so (b) what is the correct magic
> > > combination of #defines for your system.
> >
> > FreeBSD 5.0-CURRENT, gcc 3.1 and 3.2 both have this same problem even
> > with largefile disabled.  Help?  -sc
>
> For those interested and with commit powers, including sys/types.h in
> pg_backup_archiver.h fixes this build problem.  -sc
>
> > gcc -pipe -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -I../../../src/interfaces/libpq -I../../../src/include
-c -o common.o common.c
> > In file included from common.c:21:
> > pg_backup_archiver.h:168: syntax error before "off_t"
> > gmake[3]: *** [common.o] Error 1

'nother trivial type-o/patch that gets building working with
--disable-largefile.  -sc

--
Sean Chittenden

Attachment

Re: CVS broken - large file support?

Date:
Yea, that was my booboo, fixed now.

Sean Chittenden wrote:

> > > FreeBSD 5.0-CURRENT, gcc 3.1 and 3.2 both have this same problem even
> > > with largefile disabled.  Help?  -sc
> >
> > For those interested and with commit powers, including sys/types.h in
> > pg_backup_archiver.h fixes this build problem.  -sc
> >
> > > gcc -pipe -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -I../../../src/interfaces/libpq
-I../../../src/include  -c -o common.o common.c

> > > In file included from common.c:21:
> > > pg_backup_archiver.h:168: syntax error before "off_t"
> > > gmake[3]: *** [common.o] Error 1
>
> 'nother trivial type-o/patch that gets building working with
> --disable-largefile.  -sc
>

> --
> Sean Chittenden

[ Attachment, skipping... ]

Pennsylvania19073

Re: CVS broken - large file support?

Date:
Peter, I have received no reply to this question.

Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Peter, did you go around and remove sys/types.h from all the include
> files now that it is in c.h?

> Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> > Christopher Kings-Lynne writes:
> >
> > > On FreeBSD/Alpha, CVS gives:
> >
> > > pg_backup_archiver.h:168: syntax error before `off_t'
> >
> > I have added sys/types.h, so off_t should now be available.
> >
> > --
> > Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net

Pennsylvania19073

Re: CVS broken - large file support?