cvs-tip broken

From
Rod Taylor
Date:
n file included from fe-connect.c:24:
libpq-int.h:337: warning: `struct timeval' declared inside parameter
list
libpq-int.h:337: warning: its scope is only this definition or
declaration, which is probably not what you want.
fe-connect.c: In function `connectDBComplete':
fe-connect.c:1060: storage size of `remains' isn't known
fe-connect.c:1060: storage size of `finish_time' isn't known
fe-connect.c:1060: storage size of `start_time' isn't known
fe-connect.c:1081: warning: suggest parentheses around && within ||
fe-connect.c:1086: warning: implicit declaration of function
`gettimeofday'
fe-connect.c:1106: warning: passing arg 4 of `pqWaitTimed' from
incompatible pointer type
fe-connect.c:1114: warning: passing arg 4 of `pqWaitTimed' from
incompatible pointer type
fe-connect.c:1060: warning: unused variable `start_time'
fe-connect.c:1060: warning: unused variable `finish_time'
fe-connect.c:1060: warning: unused variable `remains'

Re: cvs-tip broken

Date:
I am not seeing the failure here on BSD/OS.  I just fixed the
libpq-int.h problem.  Please update to cvs current and let me know what
you see.

Rod Taylor wrote:
> n file included from fe-connect.c:24:
> libpq-int.h:337: warning: `struct timeval' declared inside parameter
> list
> libpq-int.h:337: warning: its scope is only this definition or
> declaration, which is probably not what you want.
> fe-connect.c: In function `connectDBComplete':
> fe-connect.c:1060: storage size of `remains' isn't known
> fe-connect.c:1060: storage size of `finish_time' isn't known
> fe-connect.c:1060: storage size of `start_time' isn't known
> fe-connect.c:1081: warning: suggest parentheses around && within ||
> fe-connect.c:1086: warning: implicit declaration of function
> `gettimeofday'
> fe-connect.c:1106: warning: passing arg 4 of `pqWaitTimed' from
> incompatible pointer type
> fe-connect.c:1114: warning: passing arg 4 of `pqWaitTimed' from
> incompatible pointer type
> fe-connect.c:1060: warning: unused variable `start_time'
> fe-connect.c:1060: warning: unused variable `finish_time'
> fe-connect.c:1060: warning: unused variable `remains'

Pennsylvania19073

Re: cvs-tip broken

Date:
> I am not seeing the failure here on BSD/OS.  I just fixed the
> libpq-int.h problem.  Please update to cvs current and let me know what
> you see.

FWIW, libpq seems to build fine here (HPUX 10.20) both before and after
your latest commit.  Rod should probably mention what platform he's
using, and where it defines struct timeval...
        regards, tom lane

Re: cvs-tip broken

Date:
The code was clearly wrong, mentioning timeval with no time.h nor
sys/types.h include.  My patches should fix him [good].  :-)

Who used to say, "I will fix him good"?  I don't remember.

Tom Lane wrote:
> > I am not seeing the failure here on BSD/OS.  I just fixed the
> > libpq-int.h problem.  Please update to cvs current and let me know what
> > you see.
>
> FWIW, libpq seems to build fine here (HPUX 10.20) both before and after
> your latest commit.  Rod should probably mention what platform he's
> using, and where it defines struct timeval...
>
>             regards, tom lane

Pennsylvania19073

Re: cvs-tip broken

From
Rod Taylor
Date:
On Sat, 2002-08-17 at 22:08, Tom Lane wrote:
> > I am not seeing the failure here on BSD/OS.  I just fixed the
> > libpq-int.h problem.  Please update to cvs current and let me know what
> > you see.
>
> FWIW, libpq seems to build fine here (HPUX 10.20) both before and after
> your latest commit.  Rod should probably mention what platform he's
> using, and where it defines struct timeval...

I still have to wait another 30 minutes before I can update to the
latest revision, but here's what's needed:

bash-2.05b$ uname -a
FreeBSD jester 4.6-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.6-RELEASE #8: Fri Jul 19 23:45:16
EDT 2002     root@jester:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/JESTER  i386

Attachment

Re: cvs-tip broken

Date:
I think I added time.h and sys/types.h. That should do it for you.

Rod Taylor wrote:
> On Sat, 2002-08-17 at 22:08, Tom Lane wrote:
> > > I am not seeing the failure here on BSD/OS.  I just fixed the
> > > libpq-int.h problem.  Please update to cvs current and let me know what
> > > you see.
> >
> > FWIW, libpq seems to build fine here (HPUX 10.20) both before and after
> > your latest commit.  Rod should probably mention what platform he's
> > using, and where it defines struct timeval...
>
> I still have to wait another 30 minutes before I can update to the
> latest revision, but here's what's needed:
>

> bash-2.05b$ uname -a
> FreeBSD jester 4.6-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.6-RELEASE #8: Fri Jul 19 23:45:16
> EDT 2002     root@jester:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/JESTER  i386

[ Attachment, skipping... ]

Pennsylvania19073

Re: cvs-tip broken

From
Rod Taylor
Date:
On Sat, 2002-08-17 at 22:44, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> I think I added time.h and sys/types.h. That should do it for you.

Hmm.. whelp, the file in question on FreeBSD is sys/time.h (attached
earlier) so this won't fix it.

> Rod Taylor wrote:
> > >
> > > FWIW, libpq seems to build fine here (HPUX 10.20) both before and after
> > > your latest commit.  Rod should probably mention what platform he's
> > > using, and where it defines struct timeval...
> >
> > I still have to wait another 30 minutes before I can update to the
> > latest revision, but here's what's needed:
> >

> > bash-2.05b$ uname -a
> > FreeBSD jester 4.6-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.6-RELEASE #8: Fri Jul 19 23:45:16
> > EDT 2002     root@jester:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/JESTER  i386
> >

> [ Attachment, skipping... ]

Re: cvs-tip broken

Date:
Rod Taylor <rbt@zort.ca> writes:
> Hmm.. whelp, the file in question on FreeBSD is sys/time.h (attached
> earlier) so this won't fix it.

Added #include <sys/time.h>.  We seem to use this unconditionally in
many other files, so I don't see a reason not to include it here.
        regards, tom lane