more fulltextindex stuff

From
"Christopher Kings-Lynne"
Date:
Hi,

I notice that the new default for the contrib Makefiles is to build
libfti.so, etc. instead of the old fti.so.  Won't this cause dump restore
problems for everyone already using the contrib?  Anyone mind if I change it
to use MODULES instead of MODULE_big for backwards compatibility?

Chris

Re: more fulltextindex stuff

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
Christopher Kings-Lynne writes:

> I notice that the new default for the contrib Makefiles is to build
> libfti.so, etc. instead of the old fti.so.

The default is to build nothing ... (?)

> Won't this cause dump restore problems for everyone already using the
> contrib?

No, because what is build is not what is installed.

> Anyone mind if I change it to use MODULES instead of MODULE_big for
> backwards compatibility?

MODULES_big can only build one shared object per directory but it can
contain several object files.  That is the tradeoff.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net