Can't read archives anymore :-(

Date:
Marc, did you do anything to the format of the individual archive
message pages?  The top index pages look great, but when I go to,
say,
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2002-05/index.php
I see only a blank page.  "View Source" shows there is stuff there,
but my browser ain't coping.  Maybe a missing end-tag or something?
        regards, tom lane

Re: Can't read archives anymore :-(

From
"Marc G. Fournier"
Date:
shows up fine for me ... browser issue?  :(  is there a tag missing that
you can pick out in view source? *raised eyebrow*

Date:
"Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org> writes:
> shows up fine for me ... browser issue?  :(  is there a tag missing that
> you can pick out in view source? *raised eyebrow*

Looks like table problems.  I tried W3C's validator on it, and it had a ton
of minor gripes, but the missing table end-tag is probably the killer:

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Farchives.postgresql.org%2Fpgsql-hackers%2F2002-05%2Findex.php&charset=iso-8859-1+%28Western+Europe%29&doctype=HTML+4.01+Strict
        regards, tom lane

Re: Can't read archives anymore :-(

From
Curt Sampson
Date:
On Thu, 27 Jun 2002, Tom Lane wrote:

> ...but the missing table end-tag is probably the killer:

That kills me in Netscape 4.78 all the time. It's a well known problem.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974   http://www.netbsd.org   Don't you know, in this new Dark Age, we're
alllight.  --XTC

Re: Can't read archives anymore :-(

From
Scott Marlowe
Date:
On Fri, 28 Jun 2002, Curt Sampson wrote:

> On Thu, 27 Jun 2002, Tom Lane wrote:
>
> > ...but the missing table end-tag is probably the killer:
>
> That kills me in Netscape 4.78 all the time. It's a well known problem.

Always toss your pages here to see if they're valid:

http://validator.w3.org/

--
"Force has no place where there is need of skill.", "Haste in every
business brings failures.", "This is the bitterest pain among men, to have