This “feature” does not affect the original version of poly_overlap as only a bounding box test is preformed.  I
modifiedpoly_overlap in an attempt to improve the preciseness of poly_overlap.  The function works when the column is
notindexed or when the column is indexed using  rtree_gist from the contrib section, but fails when the column is
indexedusing rtree.  Turned out that npts of the polygon retrieved from the table is 0 (the other polygon is a constant
andits attributes are correct).  I suspect the “feature” might affect other functions that uses polygons->npts like
poly_contain. Would anyone happens to know the identity of the “offending” function might be?

TIA

Kenneth Chan
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

"Kenneth Chan" <kkchan@technologist.com> writes:
> ... Turned out that npts of the
> polygon retrieved from the table is 0 (the other polygon is a constant
> and its attributes are correct).  I suspect the �feature� might
> affect other functions that uses polygons->npts like poly_contain.
> Would anyone happens to know the identity of the �offending�
> function might be?  TIA

No, but if you can post an example demonstrating the problem, I'm sure
we can find it...
        regards, tom lane