7.2.2 ?

From
Oleg Bartunov
Date:
We have one patch for contrib/rtree_gist ( thanks Chris Hodgson  for
spotting bug and test suite ). Should we submit patch for 7.2.2 and
7.3 ?
Regards,    Oleg
phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83

Re: 7.2.2 ?

Date:
Oleg Bartunov <oleg@sai.msu.su> writes:
> We have one patch for contrib/rtree_gist ( thanks Chris Hodgson  for
> spotting bug and test suite ). Should we submit patch for 7.2.2 and
> 7.3 ?

I don't know whether we will bother with a 7.2.2 release --- but if it's
a high-confidence bug fix, sure, might as well patch it in the REL7_2
branch as well as current.
        regards, tom lane

Re: 7.2.2 ?

From
"Marc G. Fournier"
Date:
On Tue, 14 May 2002, Tom Lane wrote:

> Oleg Bartunov <oleg@sai.msu.su> writes:
> > We have one patch for contrib/rtree_gist ( thanks Chris Hodgson  for
> > spotting bug and test suite ). Should we submit patch for 7.2.2 and
> > 7.3 ?
>
> I don't know whether we will bother with a 7.2.2 release --- but if it's
> a high-confidence bug fix, sure, might as well patch it in the REL7_2
> branch as well as current.

We could do up a 7.2.2 ... Tatsuo just made some changes to it also, and
its not like it takes alot to make a new minor point release, not like
doing a major one :)

Re: 7.2.2 ?

Date:
"Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org> writes:
> On Tue, 14 May 2002, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I don't know whether we will bother with a 7.2.2 release ---

> We could do up a 7.2.2 ...

If ya wanna do one, no objection here.  But let's see if we can't get
some resolution of that command-tags-and-rules business first.
        regards, tom lane

Re: 7.2.2 ?

From
"Marc G. Fournier"
Date:
On Wed, 15 May 2002, Tom Lane wrote:

> "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org> writes:
> > On Tue, 14 May 2002, Tom Lane wrote:
> >> I don't know whether we will bother with a 7.2.2 release ---
>
> > We could do up a 7.2.2 ...
>
> If ya wanna do one, no objection here.  But let's see if we can't get
> some resolution of that command-tags-and-rules business first.

Well, how about we scheduale a quick v7.2.2 for June 1st, and give the
PgAccess folk a chance to submit some updated patches if they want?  From
that whole thread, it sounded like they were sitting on some stuff that
might be appropriate for v7.2 ... ?

I say June 1st namely because any day now, the baby is going to be born,
which means doing a release won't be high on my list of priorities while
we get it settled ...