Autoconf upgraded

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
It's done.

Note some behavioral changes:

* The cache file config.cache is now off by default.  If you still want
it, run './configure -C'.

* Specifying --host now means you are cross compiling.  So don't do it.
Use --build if you really have to.  Which you don't.

* Running 'autoconf' is now very slow.  Too bad.

* Running 'autoconf' will leave a directory called autom4te.cache/ around.
Don't worry about it; make clean will remove it.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net

Re: Autoconf upgraded

Date:
> It's done.

It seems a tad broken.

checking string usability... yes
checking string presence... yes
checking for string... yes
checking for class string in <string.h>... no
configure: error: neither <string> nor <string.h> seem to define the C++ class 'string'
$

Not having Autoconf 2.53 installed quite yet, I can't try altering the
configure inputs, but I think there may be a comma missing at the end of
line 15 of cxx.m4?
        regards, tom lane

Re: Autoconf upgraded

From
Albert Chin
Date:
On Fri, Mar 29, 2002 at 12:39:01PM -0500, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> * Running 'autoconf' is now very slow.  Too bad.

But rerunning autoconf should be fast, thanks to autom4te.cache.

--
albert chin (china@thewrittenword.com)