Bug or feature in 7.3?

From
Teodor Sigaev
Date:
Hello.

Some example:
compile and install contrib/tsearch module
and now:
wow=# create table foo (bar txtidx);
CREATE
wow=# \d foo         Table "foo" Column |  Type  | Modifiers
--------+--------+----------- bar    | txtidx | not null

Why field 'bar' has modifier 'not null'?

--
Teodor Sigaev
teodor@stack.net

Re: Bug or feature in 7.3?

Date:
Teodor Sigaev <teodor@stack.net> writes:
> Why field 'bar' has modifier 'not null'?

Hmm ... looks like CREATE TYPE is leaving typnotnull set TRUE for user-
created types; all the types created on-the-fly in the regression tests
have the same problem.  A bug, I agree.  Don't see where the error is
yet...
        regards, tom lane

Re: Bug or feature in 7.3?

Date:
Teodor Sigaev <teodor@stack.net> writes:
> Why field 'bar' has modifier 'not null'?

Oh ... last parameter of TypeCreate should be false not 'f' ...
two places in define.c.  Bug introduced in DOMAIN patch evidently.
I have a ton of other changes I'm about to commit in that area,
will fix this one too.
        regards, tom lane