need help on tuning tpch

From
"Luis Alberto Amigo Navarro"
Date:
We are running a tpc-H benchmark and we need help on tuning this benchmark, the running set consists on an arbitrary number of streams of 22 ad-hoc queries while the system under test is receiving continuos inserts and deletes, here are the tables:

Attachment

Re: need help on tuning tpch

From
"Luis Alberto Amigo Navarro"
Date:
I mean, is there any mistake on triggers or any possible improve in indices.sql to make it work better, we're using an 8 r10000 powerchallenge, and results become steady from 5 streams and over.
thanks in advance

bad performance on SMP

From
"Luis Alberto Amigo Navarro"
Date:
We're running on a 8 r10000 powerchallenge, and results improve from 1 to 5 streams, but from 5 and above results become steady, machine usages reports it's able to manage more workload.
We're running postgres 7.2, it has about 640Mb of shared memory.
Any tip?
Thank in advance