pgbash-2.4 released

From
SAKAIDA
Date:
Hi,

I'm pleased to announce the release of pgbash-2.4.
http://www.psn.co.jp/PostgreSQL/pgbash/index-e.html

# What's pgbash
 Pgbash is a BASH shell which includes the functionality of
accessing the database for PostgreSQL. It is possible to execute
SQL by making a shell script in the batch processing, and execute
SQL directly in the interactive environment.

# Change Logs
1. Adjust to PostgreSQL-7.0/7.1/7.2. 2. Fix a bug of Ctrl+C to cancell query. 3. Fix a bug of Pgbash original copy
commandwhen using delimiter. 4. Fix a bug of parsing ';' between left and right parenthesis    in SQL. (reported by
DiasBadekas) 5. Change TRUE/FALSE to ON/OFF value at the 'set OPTION' statement. 6. Add 'set
OPTION_HEADERTR/HEADERTH/BODYTAG/INPUTTAG/INPUTSIZE'  commands. 7. Add the functionality of 'EXEC_SQL_PREPARE' shell
variable.8. Add the functionality of 'SELECT INTO :host_var' clause. 9. Add the functionality of reading the
/etc/pgbashrcfile    if ~/.pgbashrc file does not exist.

10. Add the functionality which displays line_feed/tab/carriage_   return as '\n'/'\t'/'\r'.
11. Add 'pgbash_description' table for large_object functions.
12. Modify output format for plain text table (like psql).
13. Add "IDENTIFIED BY | USING | /" at the password syntax of the   CONNECT statement.
14. Add the client_encoding in the connection table list('?m' command)

--
regards,
SAKAIDA Masaaki

Re: pgbash-2.4 released

From
serse@diku.dk (Per Erik Ronne)
Date:
SAKAIDA <sakaida@psn.co.jp> wrote:

> I'm pleased to announce the release of pgbash-2.4.
> http://www.psn.co.jp/PostgreSQL/pgbash/index-e.html

Does it support 8 bit characters, like the 'ø' in my surname?

In general: the ISO Latin 1 character set. Psql doesn't seem to do this
automatically.
--
Per Erik Rønne
Frederikssundsvej 308B, DK-2700 Brønshøj, DENMARK, EUROPEAN UNION

Re: pgbash-2.4 released

From
SAKAIDA Masaaki
Date:
serse@diku.dk (Per Erik Ronne) wrote:

> SAKAIDA <sakaida@psn.co.jp> wrote:
> > I'm pleased to announce the release of pgbash-2.4.
> > http://www.psn.co.jp/PostgreSQL/pgbash/index-e.html
>
> Does it support 8 bit characters, like the 'x' in my surname?
>
> In general: the ISO Latin 1 character set. Psql doesn't seem to do this
> automatically.

Please type as follows.

% /bin/bash ( or /usr/local/bin/pgbash )
> ch='YOUR 8 BIT CHARACTERS'
> echo $ch

If your 8 bit characters are displayed correctly, then
Pgbash can support 8 bit characters. If not, you should
apply MULTIBYTE patch for the readline or the bash parser.

Of course, PostgreSQL has to be configured with multibyte
as you know, and it is required that your terminal environment
can use MULTIBYTE.

--
SAKAIDA Masaaki