triggers and C include files

From
Patrick Welche
Date:
In 31 Oct 2001 20:23 GMT source, doc/src/sgml/trigger.sgml mentions:

#include "executor/spi.h"   /* this is what you need to work with SPI */
#include "commands/trigger.h"   /* -"- and triggers */

for writing triggers in C, yet:

% cd src/include
% gmake -n install
/bin/sh ../../config/mkinstalldirs /usr/local/pgsql/include/libpq /usr/local/pgsql/include/internal/libpq
/usr/local/pgsql/include/internal/lib
for file in fmgr.h postgres.h access/attnum.h commands/trigger.h \       executor/spi.h utils/elog.h utils/geo_decls.h
utils/mcxt.h\       utils/palloc.h; do \       if cmp -s ./$file /usr/local/pgsql/include/$file; \       then \
     : ; \       else \               rm -f /usr/local/pgsql/include/$file; \       fi ; \

done

seems to actively want to get rid of those files (?!) Anyway, they are
definitely not installed on my system. So, have things changed and the
documentation lagged, or should those include files be installed?
(I have never written a C trigger function - yet.)

Cheers,

Patrick

Re: triggers and C include files

From
Patrick Welche
Date:
On Sun, Nov 04, 2001 at 05:37:51PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk> writes:
> > seems to actively want to get rid of those files (?!) Anyway, they are
> > definitely not installed on my system. So, have things changed and the
> > documentation lagged, or should those include files be installed?
>
> "make install" doesn't install headers for server-side development.
> Do "make install-all-headers" if you want the full include tree.

Oops - user error.. Thank you!

Date:
Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk> writes:
> seems to actively want to get rid of those files (?!) Anyway, they are
> definitely not installed on my system. So, have things changed and the
> documentation lagged, or should those include files be installed?

"make install" doesn't install headers for server-side development.
Do "make install-all-headers" if you want the full include tree.
        regards, tom lane