pgsql-committers?

From
Tatsuo Ishii
Date:
I get no mail from pgsql-committers since Oct 19. Does anybody know
what's going on?
--
Tatsuo Ishii

Re: pgsql-committers?

From
"Marc G. Fournier"
Date:
okay, this is most odd ... I know I've been receiving ... but tom has also
been reporting intermident problems ... we're using delivery_rules in
majordomo to pump all the messages through a dedicated server ...

Michael ... could there be a problem with delivery_rules?  maybe where the
network is drop'ng between ServerA and ServerB, but not being compensated
for?

On Tue, 30 Oct 2001, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:

> I get no mail from pgsql-committers since Oct 19. Does anybody know
> what's going on?
> --
> Tatsuo Ishii

> http://archives.postgresql.org

Re: pgsql-committers?

Date:
"Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org> writes:
> okay, this is most odd ... I know I've been receiving ... but tom has also
> been reporting intermident problems ... we're using delivery_rules in
> majordomo to pump all the messages through a dedicated server ...

Yeah, I'm still seeing intermittent loss of committer messages; for
example, I never saw a commit for Bruce's first pgindent run.  (I just
checked my mail logs to verify this.)  But I'm not missing all of them
as Tatsuo reports.  Anyone else seeing problems?
        regards, tom lane

Re: pgsql-committers?

From
Hiroshi Inoue
Tom Lane wrote:

> "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org> writes:
> > okay, this is most odd ... I know I've been receiving ... but tom has also
> > been reporting intermident problems ... we're using delivery_rules in
> > majordomo to pump all the messages through a dedicated server ...
>
> Yeah, I'm still seeing intermittent loss of committer messages; for
> example, I never saw a commit for Bruce's first pgindent run.  (I just
> checked my mail logs to verify this.)  But I'm not missing all of them
> as Tatsuo reports.  Anyone else seeing problems?

I've seen no mail from pgsql-committers since Oct 19.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue

Re: pgsql-committers?

From
Philip Warner
Date:
At 00:18 30/10/01 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>as Tatsuo reports.  Anyone else seeing problems?

Nothing since 19-Oct, and before then it was getting patchy.

PGP key available upon request,  |  /
and from pgp5.ai.mit.edu:11371   |/

Re: pgsql-committers?

From
Oleg Bartunov
Date:
that's strange, fts.postgresql.org has a lot of commiter messages
(select hackers list)
Oleg
On Tue, 30 Oct 2001, Tom Lane wrote:

> "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org> writes:
> > okay, this is most odd ... I know I've been receiving ... but tom has also
> > been reporting intermident problems ... we're using delivery_rules in
> > majordomo to pump all the messages through a dedicated server ...
>
> Yeah, I'm still seeing intermittent loss of committer messages; for
> example, I never saw a commit for Bruce's first pgindent run.  (I just
> checked my mail logs to verify this.)  But I'm not missing all of them
> as Tatsuo reports.  Anyone else seeing problems?
>
>             regards, tom lane

Regards,    Oleg
phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83

Re: pgsql-committers?

From
"Marc G. Fournier"
Date:
okay, just sent a rather long one to mj2-dev that I didn't bother to send
to here ... according to the logs on rs.postgresql.org, we've sent 35
messages successfully to t-ishii@sra.co.jp since midnight ... the question
is, how many should have been sent over to him ... ?

On Tue, 30 Oct 2001, Thomas Lockhart wrote:

> > Yeah, I'm still seeing intermittent loss of committer messages; for
> > example, I never saw a commit for Bruce's first pgindent run.  (I just
> > checked my mail logs to verify this.)  But I'm not missing all of them
> > as Tatsuo reports.  Anyone else seeing problems?
>
> Same as everyone else, though I haven't tracked down dates. I did not
> see Bruce's commit...
>
>                     - Thomas

Re: pgsql-committers?

From
Thomas Lockhart
Date:

Date:
> okay, just sent a rather long one to mj2-dev that I didn't bother to send
> to here ... according to the logs on rs.postgresql.org, we've sent 35
> messages successfully to t-ishii@sra.co.jp since midnight ... the question
> is, how many should have been sent over to him ... ?

I have received 30 or so emails from postgresql.org in Oct 30, mostly
from pgsql-hackers list. Anyway I haven't received any mail from
pgsql-committers for a while. My co-worker saids she has not received
either...

Can you send me a test mail from the pgsql-committers list?
--
Tatsuo Ishii

Re: pgsql-committers?

From
"Marc G. Fournier"
Date:
one sent

On Tue, 30 Oct 2001, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:

> > okay, just sent a rather long one to mj2-dev that I didn't bother to send
> > to here ... according to the logs on rs.postgresql.org, we've sent 35
> > messages successfully to t-ishii@sra.co.jp since midnight ... the question
> > is, how many should have been sent over to him ... ?
>
> I have received 30 or so emails from postgresql.org in Oct 30, mostly
> from pgsql-hackers list. Anyway I haven't received any mail from
> pgsql-committers for a while. My co-worker saids she has not received
> either...
>
> Can you send me a test mail from the pgsql-committers list?
> --
> Tatsuo Ishii

Re: pgsql-committers?

From
Vince Vielhaber
Date:
On Tue, 30 Oct 2001, Tom Lane wrote:

> "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org> writes:
> > okay, this is most odd ... I know I've been receiving ... but tom has also
> > been reporting intermident problems ... we're using delivery_rules in
> > majordomo to pump all the messages through a dedicated server ...
>
> Yeah, I'm still seeing intermittent loss of committer messages; for
> example, I never saw a commit for Bruce's first pgindent run.  (I just
> checked my mail logs to verify this.)  But I'm not missing all of them
> as Tatsuo reports.  Anyone else seeing problems?

3 on the 15th from you, 1 on the 19th from Hiroshi and nothing since.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH    email: vev@michvhf.com    http://www.pop4.net        56K Nationwide Dialup from $16.00/mo
atPop4 Networking       Online Campground Directory    http://www.camping-usa.com      Online Giftshop Superstore
http://www.cloudninegifts.com

Re: pgsql-committers?

From
"Marc G. Fournier"
Date:
Let's see if *that* fxes it ... Michael sent me a command to run that
allows me to see how deelivery is working fo ra specific email ... turns
out that I was doing the delivery_rules wrong, where I had all three hosts
listed, instead of the one I wanted for delivery with two backups ...

The command also showed me that I had the backups mis-confuigured, so
relaying was being denied for those ones, which happened to be Tatsuo's
addresses ...

I just sent a test through that *looks* like it went through properly ...
*cross fingers*

On Tue, 30 Oct 2001, Vince Vielhaber wrote:

> On Tue, 30 Oct 2001, Tom Lane wrote:
>
> > "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org> writes:
> > > okay, this is most odd ... I know I've been receiving ... but tom has also
> > > been reporting intermident problems ... we're using delivery_rules in
> > > majordomo to pump all the messages through a dedicated server ...
> >
> > Yeah, I'm still seeing intermittent loss of committer messages; for
> > example, I never saw a commit for Bruce's first pgindent run.  (I just
> > checked my mail logs to verify this.)  But I'm not missing all of them
> > as Tatsuo reports.  Anyone else seeing problems?
>
> 3 on the 15th from you, 1 on the 19th from Hiroshi and nothing since.
>
> Vince.
> Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH    email: vev@michvhf.com    http://www.pop4.net
>          56K Nationwide Dialup from $16.00/mo at Pop4 Networking
>         Online Campground Directory    http://www.camping-usa.com
>        Online Giftshop Superstore    http://www.cloudninegifts.com

Re: pgsql-committers?

From
Jason L Tibbitts III
Date:

MGF> Michael ... could there be a problem with delivery_rules?  maybe
MGF> where the network is drop'ng between ServerA and ServerB, but not
MGF> being compensated for?

It is always possible, but the delivery and SMTP code has been stable
for some time now and we will retry for ages.  Before giving up the
system will contact all of the fallback hosts you list and then finally
localhost.  And then if it still can't get through it will put several
alarming messages in your logs.

The logs of the various MTAs involved should tell you what's going on.
(And if that doesn't help, you can turn the debug level up to 1000 and
get a log of the entire SMTP transaction from Majordomo's standpoint.)
- J<

Re: pgsql-committers?

Date:
> > Yeah, I'm still seeing intermittent loss of committer messages; for
> > example, I never saw a commit for Bruce's first pgindent run.  (I just
> > checked my mail logs to verify this.)  But I'm not missing all of them
> > as Tatsuo reports.  Anyone else seeing problems?
>
> Same as everyone else, though I haven't tracked down dates. I did not
> see Bruce's commit...

The file list was huge.  A pgindent commit is hard to miss.  :-)

Pennsylvania19026

Re: pgsql-committers?

From
Dave Page

I've seen problems posting to pgadmin-hackers@postgresql.org &
pgsql-www@postgresql.org. I did report them to Marc & Chris.

I know the posts get to the archives, but neither I or someone else I have
spoken to privately have received them back from the lists.

If examples are needed again Marc, please let me know.

Regards, Dave.

Re: pgsql-committers?

From
"Marc G. Fournier"
Date:
I believe the latest chnages to the delivery_rules should fix he problems
with pgadmin-* also ...