Postgres to Dia UML

From
"Rod Taylor"
Date:
Had trouble getting ERWin to work with postgres (even with the Oracle
look alike views).

So, I wrote a small perl script which outputs XML for Dia to import.
Works pretty good.

More details can be found at:  www.zort.ca/postgresql

<a
href="http://www.zort.ca/postgresql/">http://www.zort.ca/postgresql/</
a>

BSD License, released with permission from InQuent Technologies (my
current employer).

Please send me your thoughts!

Notes:  Don't forget to change the database connection settings, and
fiddle with the StereoType groups.
--
Rod Taylor

Your eyes are weary from staring at the CRT. You feel sleepy. Notice
how restful it is to watch the cursor blink. Close your eyes. The
opinions stated above are yours. You cannot imagine why you ever felt
otherwise.

Re: Postgres to Dia UML

From
Oleg Bartunov
Date:
What is  an accsql.pm required to run your script ?
Oleg
On Sat, 23 Jun 2001, Rod Taylor wrote:

> Had trouble getting ERWin to work with postgres (even with the Oracle
> look alike views).
>
> So, I wrote a small perl script which outputs XML for Dia to import.
> Works pretty good.
>
> More details can be found at:  www.zort.ca/postgresql
>
> <a
> href="http://www.zort.ca/postgresql/">http://www.zort.ca/postgresql/</
> a>
>
> BSD License, released with permission from InQuent Technologies (my
> current employer).
>

> Please send me your thoughts!
>
> Notes:  Don't forget to change the database connection settings, and
> fiddle with the StereoType groups.
> --
> Rod Taylor
>
> Your eyes are weary from staring at the CRT. You feel sleepy. Notice
> how restful it is to watch the cursor blink. Close your eyes. The
> opinions stated above are yours. You cannot imagine why you ever felt
> otherwise.

Regards,    Oleg
phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83

Re: Postgres to Dia UML

From
Thomas Lockhart
Date:
> So, I wrote a small perl script which outputs XML for Dia to import.
> Works pretty good.

Thanks for posting a helpful script.

I haven't kept up on perl packages, but I recall that the "docbook2man"
scripts which we use to convert our DocBook sgml reference pages to man
page format use a "SGMLS" package to help organize the sgml parse tree.

Is that package usable for XML, or are there other XML packages to help
with dealing with XML-based information? Just curious...
                    - Thomas

Re: Postgres to Dia UML

From
Alex Perel