RTLD_GLOBAL on openbsd

From
Alex Pilosov
Date:
OpenBSD lacks RTLD_GLOBAL, so it should be removed from
dynloader/openbsd.h

(netbsd and freebsd do have it, so its kosher there)

-alex

Re: RTLD_GLOBAL on openbsd

From
bpalmer
Date:

Re: RTLD_GLOBAL on openbsd

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
Alex Pilosov writes:

> OpenBSD lacks RTLD_GLOBAL, so it should be removed from
> dynloader/openbsd.h

Okay.

Btw., couldn't we replace dynloader/openbsd.h with something more like,
say, dynloader/sunos4.h and get rid of the BSD44_derived_dl*() functions?
AFAICT, the issue was that on earlier (Net|Free)BSD systems you needed to
prepend an '_' to the looked-up symbol, but I could not find any reference
to this in the OpenBSD documentation.

Re: RTLD_GLOBAL on openbsd

From
Alex Pilosov
Date:
On Sat, 16 Jun 2001, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Alex Pilosov writes:
>
> > OpenBSD lacks RTLD_GLOBAL, so it should be removed from
> > dynloader/openbsd.h
>
> Okay.
>
> Btw., couldn't we replace dynloader/openbsd.h with something more like,
> say, dynloader/sunos4.h and get rid of the BSD44_derived_dl*() functions?
> AFAICT, the issue was that on earlier (Net|Free)BSD systems you needed to
> prepend an '_' to the looked-up symbol, but I could not find any reference
> to this in the OpenBSD documentation.
On OpenBSD, you still need to do that. I haven't checked Free yet, but I
think that's still true also.
-alex

Re: RTLD_GLOBAL on openbsd

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
Alex Pilosov writes:

> OpenBSD lacks RTLD_GLOBAL, so it should be removed from
> dynloader/openbsd.h

RTLD_GLOBAL removed.  You better hope it acts like it by default, though.