select ... for update and inheritence

From
Stephen Deasey
Date:
set_inherited_rel_pathlist in src/backend/path/allpaths.c says:
/* * XXX for now, can't handle inherited expansion of FOR UPDATE; can we * do better? */

Is this a terribly difficult thing to implement?

The RI triggers use FOR UPDATE which makes RI impossible with
inheritence hierarchies. Is there any chance this might make it onto
someone's todo list?

Thanks.

Re: select ... for update and inheritence

Date:
Stephen Deasey <stephen@themer.com> writes:
> set_inherited_rel_pathlist in src/backend/path/allpaths.c says:

>  /*
>   * XXX for now, can't handle inherited expansion of FOR UPDATE; can we
>   * do better?
>   */

> Is this a terribly difficult thing to implement?

It might be as easy as adding the child tables to the rowmark list.
Or not.  I didn't have time to experiment with it for 7.1.  Want to
work on it?
        regards, tom lane