Will something bad happen if I put index on xmin ?

From
Hannu Krosing
Date:
Hi,

I'm about to write a simple one-way replication script relying on xmin
and would like to speed up things by putting an index on it.

So I have a few questions:

1. Will something bad happen if I put index on xmin ?

2. Is it just a bad idea to do it that way ?   (there will be no deletes, just mainly inserts and some updates)

Hannu

Re: Will something bad happen if I put index on xmin ?

Date:
Hannu Krosing <hannu@tm.ee> writes:
> 1. Will something bad happen if I put index on xmin ?

I was just testing that sort of thing yesterday.  pg_dump prior to
yesterday's patch will crash upon seeing such an index, but that was
the only problem I found.
        regards, tom lane